Title: Video Producer and Editor
Location: Remote, United States
Position Title: Video Producer & Editor
Reports to: Associate Director of Multimedia
Employment Type: Full-time with up to 25% travel international and domestic
Location: Employees in this role can work from our Boston, MA office, remotely within the U.S. or hybrid of these
[Portfolio must be included in resume or cover letter]
The Video Producer & Editor is responsible for planning and editing videos for internal and external purposes. As video has become a highly effective way of communicating Partners In Health’s (PIH) brand and messaging on online platforms, the Video Producer & Editor will play a critical role as a member of the creative team. They will manage multiple projects at a time, ranging from fast turn-around social media projects to high-quality, complex videos. Additionally, the Video Producer & Editor may assist in video capture on location, as required.
Video Producing (40%)
- Conceptualize and plan video projects, including developing creative briefs and storyboards.
- Develop clear, concise, and compelling scripts that align with the organization’s messaging and branding.
- Plan and coordinate equipment needs, locations, and project staffing.
- Develop production schedules, track progress, and ensure that projects are completed on time and within budget.
- Collaborate with project stakeholders to understand project goals, target audience, and message.
- Obtain translations, transcriptions, and produce subtitles.
- Maintain and optimize PIH’s YouTube channel.
- Monitor industry trends and innovations in video production to continuously improve content quality.
- Responsible for editing a full range of video projects, optimized for various platforms, using Adobe Premiere Pro.
- Create ‘rough cuts’ of the project and present them to internal stakeholders.
- Work with motion designers to create graphic treatment elements such as transitions, lower thirds, and title cards using After Effects.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to review and revise video drafts as needed.
- Select music tracks from commercial archives or work directly with hired composers.
- Collaborate with Multimedia Asset Manager and PIH Lead Archivist to maintain a digital archive of video assets including logging of footage and ensuring organization of final video cuts on the DAM (Digital Asset Management system).
- Work closely with the creative team and colleagues at global sites to ensure timely and high-quality deliverables.
- Operate photography and/or video cameras, audio equipment, and lighting setups on location, as required.
- Assist with remote video capture and live digital events.
- Oversee on-location logistics and resolve any production issues that may arise.
- Bachelor‘s degree in communications, journalism, film, photography
- Five or more years of experience in storytelling via videography
- Experience with advanced multimedia storytelling techniques on multiple platforms
- Knowledge of how to engage audiences on digital platforms
- Competency in video editing principles from scripting through final editing and proficiency with branding guidelines using Adobe CS and video motion software such as Premiere Pro and After Effects in an Apple Mac environment.
- Experience with digital asset management systems
- Ability to work a flexible schedule and travel, as needed, with the potential of some weekend work at times
- Ability to manage multiple projects of varying complexities while working under tight deadlines
- Familiarity with Partners In Health and awareness of global health issues
- Exemplary interpersonal skills; ability to collaborate effectively with culturally diverse staff across departments and country.
- Interest in social justice strongly desirable