Title: Technical Program Manager
The Associated Press is an independent global news organization dedicated to factual reporting. Founded in 1846, AP today remains the most trusted source of fast, accurate, unbiased news in all formats and the essential provider of the technology and services vital to the news business. More than half the world’s population sees AP journalism every day.
The Associated Press is seeking an experienced and highly skilled Senior Technical Program Manager.
This full-time, US-based fully remote position reports to our Senior Director of Information Security.
In this role, you will be responsible for coordinating, implementing, and delivering key projects within the Information Security portfolio. We are seeking a candidate passionate about cybersecurity who will drive the integration of risk management, technology, and business processes within the organization.
- Orchestrate and drive the end-to-end lifecycle of key information security projects across the organization to align with program strategy.
- Facilitate the development and implementation of key goals, objectives, and success criteria for the program with key stakeholders and the core team.
- Establish and maintain information security policies, standards, and procedures.
- Manage relationships with third-party vendors, service providers, and conduct third-party risk assessments.
- Help manage the integration of critical tooling and technologies across the department.
- Consult with business partners, leadership, team members, and other key stakeholders to evaluate and apply suggestions for improving efficiency and success.
- Proactively identify areas for improvement within the Information Security function and collaborate with internal teams to implement long-term strategies that enhance the organization’s capabilities and efficiency.
- Develop and deliver information security training and awareness programs to educate employees on digital safety best practices.
- Coordinate with external auditors to ensure compliance with regulations.
- Develop budget planning strategies and track expenditures across the Information Security program.
- Define and track success measures to ensure alignment with intended outcomes.
- Instill lessons learned practices in projects and ensure learnings are communicated to foster a culture of continuous learning.
- Mentor, guide, and sponsor the development of key talent.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Proven experience (5+ years) in Information Security management.
- Strong knowledge of information security principles, standards, frameworks, and best practices (e.g., ISO 27001, NIST).
- Strong technical and operational understanding of risk management and related processes.
- A teammate and change champion with a bias for action (validated experience of leading others to think and act differently according to business needs).
- Strong familiarity with security concepts and technologies such as vulnerability management, application security, firewalls, intrusion detection/prevention, and networking.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple high-visibility issues.
- Excellent leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills to effectively collaborate with stakeholders at all levels.
- Demonstrated dedication to excellence, high quality standards, and attention to detail.
- Superior analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Cybersecurity certifications are a plus.
Advanced-level professional competency in written and spoken English is required. Authorization to work in the United States for any employer is mandatory.
The anticipated salary range for this position is $135,000-$150,000, contingent on experience and other job-related factors. AP employees are eligible to participate, according to the terms of the official plan documents, in a 401(k) plan, employer-sponsored health insurance plan, and are eligible for paid time off and holidays in accordance with AP policy.
Application Deadline: January 12, 2024 @ 11:59 PM ET
AP seeks to build an inclusive organization grounded in respect for differences. We support all aspects of diversity and provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or status as a veteran. We encourage members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply.