Title: Staff Software Engineer – Partnerships
Location: United States
You’ll love working here because:
- Taskrabbit is a remote-first company. We value flexibility and choice but also stay committed to regular in-person connection.
- The People. You will be surrounded by some of the most talented, supportive, smart, and kind leaders and teams — people you can be proud to work with!
- The Values.
- Care Deeply. We take time to be present and partner with our team and communities.
- Level Up. We navigate through ambiguity and go the extra mile.
- Be A Better Neighbor. We build a diverse and sustainable community and encourage all voices.
- Lead The Future Together. We value entrepreneurship and are inspired by action
- The diverse culture. We believe that we make better decisions when our workforce reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate. Women make up half of our leadership team and our diversity representation is above that of the tech industry average
- The perks. Taskrabbit offers employee-paid health insurance, 401k match with immediate vesting, generous and flexible time off with 2 company-wide closure weeks, Taskrabbit product stipends, wellness + productivity + education stipends, IKEA discounts, reproductive health support, and more.
About the Role:
At a point of major inflection and scale, Taskrabbit is looking for a Staff Software Engineer to help design and implement a partner API platform which enables Taskrabbit to integrate with other businesses so they can offer Taskrabbit services to their customers. Partnerships are a critical growth engine for Taskrabbit and one of our top strategic priorities. Taskrabbit is integrated with IKEA, our parent company, and we are building our partnerships platform to unlock more business opportunities through new partnerships. We are looking for a strong technical leader with experience building a robust and scalable platform to support current and future partners at scale. This Staff Software Engineer will be responsible for collaborating with peers in Engineering, Architecture, Data, Product and other business leaders to build a partnerships platform to support and sustain hyper growth for Taskrabbit.
Join us in transforming lives one task at a time
You will be:
- Designing, building, and maintaining solutions which follow our engineering principles:
- expose the ability to be measured and observed
- protect our customer, our business, and our partners and their data
- always do what the customer expects and upon failure, data is recoverable
- always available when and where the customer expects and which are healthy and current
- perform to, and exceed, customer expectations
- delight the customer
- Contributing to the growth and success of team members through code review, clear documentation, and mentorship
You should have:
- 6+ years of experience in software engineering.
- Experience building developer platforms, defining the strategy, and providing technical direction to the team.
- Experience building API-driven applications and endpoints.
- Strong design and architecture skills.
- Experience with software engineering best practices (e.g. unit testing, code reviews, design documentation).
- Proficiency with Ruby/Rails
- Experience in MySQL, Redis, ElasticSearch.
- A strong ability to reason about how to break problems down into smaller iterable steps.
You might be a fit if you have:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Enjoy helping organize and scope high-priority projects and plans to keep us moving forward.
- Great attention to detail and quality.
- Love for collaborating with a tight-knit team and across the organization.