Senior Ruby on Rails Software Engineer
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
At DNSFilter we have a singular mission: to challenge the way the industry thinks about security via DNSand we need your help! We’ve come a long way over the past few years. In 2021 we had a successful $30 million Series A funding round, and in 2022 we became the fastest DNS security tool on the planet and joined forces with privacy-focused VPN Guardian! This year we’re continuing our product-fueled growth by adding new features to assist our customers with their DNS-layer security and broadening our solution to meet the needs of the global market.
As our company grows, we realize we have a missing piece and that’s where you come in! We are looking for a Senior Ruby on Rails Software Engineer for our Product Engineering group. As a senior engineer, you will support data-driven approaches to build services using Ruby on Rails or other languages that are best suited for the problem, ensuring that the software we write will last, scale and perform. You will advocate for simple solutions and designs over complex ones, knowing when to move fast and when to do things right. You will leverage your former experience to build scalable solutions that provide real-time insights and continuously deliver value to our customers.
We recognize that people come with a wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of a job. If you feel like this job is for you, please apply. We believe diversity of experience and skills, including transferable skills, combined with passion is a key to innovation and excellence; therefore we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply to our positions!
- You will write high-quality, maintainable and reliable code using Ruby on Rails, GoLang and other languages
- You will have API-first mindset developing components and services that are consumed via interfaces and API contracts
- You will collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design and ship new features
- You will identify and solve complex software problems with simple solutions
- You will inspire and share your engineering passion across the whole engineering organization
- You will mentor and guide junior developers by providing regular feedback via code reviews, implementations and industry standard design practices
- You will contribute to the improvement of the development and deployment processes ensuring that we continuously evolve to be better
- You will demonstrate strong ownership of your projects to their delivery
- You will participate in interviews
- 7+ years of experience building highly scalable products using Ruby on Rails and GoLang
- 2+ years of exposure with event streaming solutions with Kafka or alternatives
- Proficiency in Ruby and working knowledge of few other languages
- Experience with front-end frameworks such as React, Angular or Vue
- Experience with different database systems (Redis, PostgreSQL, ClickHouse etc)
- Ability to write clean, maintainable, and efficient code
- Deep knowledge of distributed systems having supported high-throughput systems in production
- Computer science degree or equivalent
- Can work in a mostly EST environment
- Experience working remotely
- Must be eligible to work in the country of residence without sponsorship from an employer now or in the future
Bonus points for:
- Experience working with multiple distributed teams
- Experience building security product
- Excellent documentation skills
- Awareness of AppSec, OSS licensing and security tools
- A 100% work-from-home position with a company that values and fosters personal and professional growth
- Pathway to promotion to additional organizational positions and responsibilities based upon results and performance – not just time in the chair. You help us grow, we will help you grow.
- Passionate and intelligent colleagues who work hard and have a good time doing it
- Rotating 4-Day workweek
- Paid company-wide week off at the end of each year
- Flexible Vacation policy
- Awesome company swag
- Home office buildout allowance
- Full medical, dental, and vision benefits for US and Canada based employees
- Full short-term disability and life benefits; available long-term disability
- 401k with vested company matching for qualifying employees
- In-person annual gatherings. Last time we all spent a week on a beach in Cancun!
The hiring range for this role is: $140,500 – $165,000 USD Annually
DNSFilter is a pay-for-performance organization, which means there is the opportunity to advance your compensation with performance over time. The hiring base pay is dependent upon many factors such as level, function, training, transferable skills, work experience, business needs, and/or geographic location. As a fully remote company, our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several U.S. and global geographic markets. We pay differently based on those defined markets. Our Talent Team can share more about the specific salary range for the job location during the hiring process.