Senior Payroll Analyst
Employees can work remotely
Block is one company built from many blocks, all united by the same purpose of economic empowerment. The blocks that form our foundational teams People, Finance, Counsel, Hardware, Information Security, Platform Infrastructure Engineering, and more provide support and guidance at the corporate level.
They work across business groups and around the globe, spanning time zones and disciplines to develop inclusive People policies, forecast finances, give legal counsel, safeguard systems, nurture new initiatives, and more. Every challenge creates possibilities, and we need different perspectives to see them all. Bring yours to Block.
The Sr Global Payroll Analyst position, a non-exempt position, can be a fully remote opportunity, and will report to the Global Payroll Manager.
You will support primary global payroll administration, managing different global payroll needs including solution recommendations, and assisting with different payroll project management coordination. You will also support global year end activities. You will be an essential employee resource for global payroll matters and will perform other payroll related responsibilities.
- Support Global payroll analytics servicing all Global Payroll reporting requests from multiple departments or external vendors
- Run the payroll for multiple countries from start to finish
- Run the payroll for at least one US entities from start to finish
- Process Global Mobility stock files for US employees, for Global Payroll stock runs, and manage the global ESPP election files updates including withdrawals and for the twice a year Global ESPP contributions validations
- Assist with the implementation of new technology and new countries including migration from other payroll providers
- Coordinate Amended Tax returns with the local provider
- Assist With the balancing of multiple Global annual filing (T-4, PD11, PD60 and more) for Global Lead approval
- Assist other Payroll Analyst team members with their assigned payroll processing when needed
- Partner with the team on the implementation of new technology to improve Payroll Processing US and Global
- Test new set up, system enhancements, system updates and integrations affecting Global Payroll
- Ability to provide work around solutions if the automated solution is not working correctly until a fix is deployed
- Review policies and work rules to ensure compliance with legislative obligations
- Review, maintain Payroll Standard Operating Procedure and job-aids.
- Work with the Payroll Analysts to provide excellent customer service to our employees and partners including resolving payroll queries
- Work with internal team and vendors to ensure HR, Benefits and Payroll changes are processed, accurate funding occurs for all accounts, tax remittance, general ledger balancing, month-end close support is completed
- Support the payroll accounting team with Global Month end reconciliation research
- Participate in different payroll projects and other opportunities as assigned
- Willingness to support early or late conference call meeting global time zone
- Minimum 5+ years’ experience in Global Payroll including understanding Global Payroll tax administration
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and ongoing changes
- Understanding of basic Payroll accounting procedures
- Experienced in project management
- Experience in system implementation, experience with ongoing technical support with Payroll system and multiple integrations.
- Proficient in MS Excel including advanced formulas functions (Vlookups, Pivot tables, IF statements)
- Experience writing reports
- Working knowledge with Ultimate (Ultipro) and Workday HRIS (Desirable but not essential)
- Understand SOX controls
- Experience keeping payroll and other employee personal information confidential
- Independent work style with ability to multitask
- Experience working within deadlines
- CPP certification preferred
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions.
These ranges may be modified in the future.
- Zone A: USD $54.90 – USD $67.12
- Zone B: USD $51.06 – USD $62.40
- Zone C: USD $46.68 – USD $57.07
- Zone D: USD $41.20 – USD $50.34
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Full-time employee benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage (Medical, Vision and Dental insurance)
- Health Savings Account and Flexible Spending Account
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off (including 12 paid holidays)
- Paid sick leave (1 hour per 26 hours worked (max 80 hours per calendar year to the extent legally permissible) for non-exempt employees and covered by our Flexible Time Off policy for exempt employees)
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D, and disability benefits
- Additional Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
These benefits are further detailed in Block’s policies. This role is also eligible to participate in Block’s equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies.
Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.