Title: Snr. Data Analyst (Remote – US Only)
KnowBe4, the provider of the world’s largest security awareness training and simulated phishing platform, is used by tens of thousands of organizations around the globe. KnowBe4 enables organizations to manage the ongoing problem of social engineering by helping them train employees to make smarter security decisions, every day.
Fortune has ranked us as a best place to work for women, for millennials, and in technology for four years in a row! We have been certified as a “Great Place To Work” in 8 countries, plus we’ve earned numerous other prestigious awards, including Glassdoor’s Best Places To Work.
Our team values radical transparency, extreme ownership, and continuous professional development in a welcoming workplace that encourages all employees to be themselves. Whether working remotely or in-person, we strive to make every day fun and engaging; from team lunches to trivia competitions to private parties at theme parks, there is always something exciting happening at KnowBe4.
Remote positions open to the US only.
The Snr. Data Analyst is a part of the Data and Analytics team which focuses on turning data into business value. The individual in this role will conduct full lifecycle data analysis including gathering requirements, wrangling data, building data models, designing visualizations, presenting stories, and has the experience in analytical data warehouses as well as in business intelligence tools. Will work closely with business stakeholders and the data engineering team.
- Demonstrated proficiency in creating reports, data modeling, and dashboards in Looker.
- Able to write complex SQL including multi-table joins, grouping and aggregation, common table expressions, and conditional filters.
- Performs adhoc reporting, data extraction, and analysis
- Serve as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) in one or more data sources and its related Business Subject.
- Provide mentorship for Junior and Intermediate members of the team to help them grow in their responsibilities.
- Lead four or more departmental data analytics projects from beginning to operationalization.
- Demonstrated interpersonal and leadership skills required to interact with peers, management and internal customers.
- Engage with stakeholders to understand business objectives and gather requirements
- Develops relationships by listening and understanding, anticipating, and providing solutions to business partner needs, and prioritizing customer satisfaction
- Develop documentation and provide training to users as appropriate.
- Participates in the daily stand-ups, project reviews, and retrospectives to update progress, highlight and resolve impediments.
- Work with cross functional stakeholders across Revenue, Marketing, Business Unit, Courseware, Finance, Product and Engineering to identify strategic opportunities, measure KPIs to craft compelling stories, make data-driven recommendations, and drive informed actions.
- Degree specialized in a Science, Analytics, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics, Finance or Economics.
- BS or equivalent plus 5 years experience / MS or equivalent plus 3 years experience / Ph.D. or equivalent plus 2 years experience
- Advance experience with SQL (across multiple platforms).
- Intermediate level knowledge of data warehousing, analytics, ETL concepts & best practices.
- Scripting experience a plus in Python, R, SAS, dbt (dbt a plus)
- Experience and working knowledge of JIRA Preferred.
- Basic understanding of Scrum, Lean, Agile, Kanban, Story points using Fibonacci and other agile development techniques.
- Basic knowledge of continuous integration / continuous delivery practices.
- Proficient in requirements gathering methodologies and the SDLC.
- Progressive experience with analysis, modeling, and visualization in Looker, PowerBi, Tableau, Domo, Qlik (Looker a plus).
The base pay for this position ranges from $95,000 – $105,000, which will vary depending on how well an applicant’s skills and experience align with the job description listed above.