R&D Software Engineer
- Boston, MA – Remote OK
Research & Development Software Engineer
Join the Electra Vehicles team as we revolutionize Energy Storage!
We are a remote first, B2B Global Software company headquartered in the Boston (USA) area, with an office in Turin, Italy, developing the most unique and patented AI/ML Software to optimize the performance of Battery Packs across a wide range of industries. Initially, we are focusing on deploying our technology in the Automotive sector worldwide, commercial and passenger electric vehicles, with future growth opportunities from other sectors in Aerospace, Robotics, Grids and others.
We have recently completed our A Round of fundraising and are now scaling the organization to meet the eMobility markets overwhelming demand for our technology.
We are looking for an experienced software engineer who can architect and build applications and services from the ground up and work with data scientists and battery engineers on our software development efforts.
- Evaluating, identifying and developing software solutions with a strong focus on Python-based API, Front and Backend applications.
- Leading software development projects from concept to production deployment.
- Documenting and recording every aspect of an application or software.
- Establish software development best practices, drive standardization and cost efficiencies where possible
- Design, develop, deploy, and maintain software in Kubernetes (EKS) using Helm Charts
- Produce platform roadmaps aligning with segment strategy and vision, as well as business and operational priorities, producing architectural definitions, implementation plans, along with standards definition and upkeep
- Work collaboratively across team boundaries to share common infrastructure and functional capabilities, implementing services to support Data Science and Battery Science algorithms in the Production cloud
- Design Software Stacks and leverage existing frameworks and codes
- Manage a MLOps pipeline, Security checks and Secrets Management
- Must have a minimum of 5 years of commercial software development experience with Python in a Production Environment
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbal, with technical and non-technical folks including the use of Jira and Confluence.
- BS Degree in Computer Science or an engineering discipline with strong software education.
- Deep knowledge of multiple coding languages with Python required
- Must have Cloud Services (AWS), Kubernetes (EKS) containerization of Python applications
- Strong skill in data structures and algorithms in Python
- Experience with commercial SaaS product development and strategy
- Experience working with agile methodologies
- Knowledge of software security principles for cloud applications and APIs.
- Advanced degree in software engineering, information systems, or similar field
- Full-Stack Web Application Development Experience and/or API design experience
- Experience with other programming languages such as C/C++, Rust, Java.
- Machine Learning, DevOps/SRE functions including Helm Chart development experience
- Prior experience architecting and implementing highly available distributed systems and HPC
- OpenAPI Design and Documentation
- Ability and desire to innovate
- Has successful startup experience
- Remote Work: Flexibility to work remotely from almost anywhere in the United States
- Insurance: Health, Dental, Vision
- Retirement: 401K with company match
- Time Off: Paid Federal holidays; Unlimited Vacation and Sick Leave Policy
- Learning and Development: 1 company-wide training per quarter with experts based on the team-selected topics; Working in a dynamic, transparent and agile team
- Open Book Management: Transparency of company finance, clients, products, know-how
- Recognition: Monthly Bonusly allotment for employee recognition and rewards