Remote – US
Extend is modernizing the $100 billion-per-year protection plan industry using cutting-edge technology and top-notch customer service.
Our technology-forward omnichannel and API-first solution allows any merchant to offer protection plans, both online and in store, while also providing a merchant’s end customers with a vastly improved and modern support experience that eliminates many of the issues customers face today with legacy underwriters. More recently, Extend also launched a shipping protection solution, covering consumers in the case of lost, damaged or stolen packages. This is further expanding the company’s addressable market and value creation for merchants.
We are a venture-backed startup in downtown San Francisco led by founders who have previously had multiple successful exits. Extend simplifies the technology stack for the product and shipping protection industries.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- This is a data science / analytics hire to support Extend’s Risk and Analytics team. You will have the opportunity to help scale within the organization. The role’s responsibilities will include:
- Revenue and Product Analytics:
- A/B testing and optimization across consumer-facing product touch points on merchant sites
- Platform-wide analytics to confirm the product is working as expected (loading of images, buttons, load times etc.)
- Working with Data Engineering and Product to ensure proper analytics tracking is set up (ideally before launch) for all new features/products and supporting in development of ETLs
- Broad product optimization across our platform
- Revenue Ops Support:
- Work closely with RevOps as technical resource to build data platform to determine sales comp planning (and payouts) and assist in writing up basic scripts or financial models as needed
- Client Insights:
- Partner with merchant success teams to show the value that Extend delivers to merchants and why we are the best in the industry, including building A/B or serial tests, NPS surveys, merchant satisfaction surveys, or other methodologies to track successful attachment and conversion
- Help turn these insights into sales enablement and competitive positioning
- Manage tests for specific merchants and generate data to build out case studies and GTM messaging strategies
- Drive portfolio-wide revenue optimization and communication to merchants on personalized optimization based on testing across our platform
- Consumer Marketing Analytics:
- Work with merchants on email, digital media, and in-box campaigns to drive increase attach rates and incremental revenue for our merchant partners and Extend
- Warranty Services Support:
- Work with our Risk & Insurance team to build deep-dive analytics and machine learning models to better forecast risk across our portfolio
- Support servicing team to help drive step-change improvements in efficiency (beyond day-to-day workforce management) and forecast hiring based on Revenue team signing/integration expectations
- Create platform analytics to confirm product operation is as expected and develop new processes to optimize warranty mapping operations, plan pricing, and merchant attach rates
- Merchant underwriting & risk analytics
- Evaluate the fraud and default risk of individual merchants and partners, both at onboarding and post integration
- Perform exploratory data analysis to assemble metrics and KPIs to assess and gauge activity across the Extend platform, and support teams throughout Extend by delivering analyses and process improvements to help the business continue to scale
- Work with data engineering and product teams to ensure proper data tracking is set up for features and products, and support debugging and development of new ETL processes
- Build deep-dive analyses and eventually machine learning models to better forecast risk across the portfolio for our insurance captive for contracts and claims activity
- Support business operations, finance, revenue operations, and other internal teams by building analytics and reporting to understand overall business performance and increase organizational efficiencies
What We’re Looking For:
- A curious, entrepreneurial leader with plenty of grit, analytical prowess, creative thinking, and initiative
- 2-4 years of analytics, management consulting, finance, and/or strategic operations experience with a digital product or service
- Experience with SQL and Python, R or Julia, experience with Machine learning and/or forecasting is a plus.
- Experience in the retail or fintech landscape is a plus.
- Ability and interest in thinking beyond the revenue organization, considering the challenges of other teams, and prioritizing what is best for the business holistically, is essential
- Ability to communicate across the organization, especially to teams with less data & analytics experience
- Empathy and humility
Expected Pay Range: $110,000 – $130,000 per year*
*The target base salary range for this position is listed above. Individual salaries are determined based on a number of factors including, but not limited to, work location and job-related knowledge, skills and experience. Incentive compensation will be provided as part of a total compensation package.
*The pay range for this position is listed above; however, the base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Incentive compensation may also be included in this role as approved by management, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, depending on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market data.
Life at Extend:
- Working with a great team from diverse backgrounds in a collaborative and supportive environment.
- Competitive salary based on experience, with full medical and dental & vision benefits.
- Stock in an early-stage startup growing quickly.
- Very generous, flexible paid time off policy.
- 401(k) with Financial Guidance from Morgan Stanley.