Title: Content Editor
Location: Remote US
Tech Impact – Headquarters Philadelphia PA
Full-Time Permanent Position
Salary Range: $55k-$65k
Summary of Position
The Content Editor will be responsible for managing projects and contractors including overseeing the research, creation, and launch of publications, contributing to communications and messaging relevant to promoting educational resources and working with the Managing Director of Consulting Services to guide the program’s direction and success.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage content creation projects from start to finish, including creating content such as articles, research-based publications, and blog posts, assigning tasks to writers, setting deadlines, managing design and layout, and editing content.
- Manage subcontractors (writers and designers) and ensure that they are meeting the organization’s expectations for quality and quantity of work.
- Edit and proofread content to ensure that it is error-free, well-written, and engaging.
- Ensure all content meets the organization’s standards for quality, accuracy, and style.
- Develop and maintain an editorial calendar to ensure that content is delivered on time and according to the organization’s content strategy.
- Collaborate with internal teams to ensure that the content aligns with the organization’s overall messaging and branding.
- Work with the marketing team on the publishing and distribution of content across various channels, such as the organization’s blog, social media accounts, and email campaigns.
- Monitor and analyze the performance of content to identify opportunities for improvement and make data-driven decisions about content strategy.
- Work with the Training Program Manager to coordinate research, pair publications and training, drive traffic, and highlight TLC resources and Tech Impact SMEs.
- Build and maintain client and vendor relationships including management related to projects and publications.
- Create post-download and annual audience surveys. Review and respond to feedback.
- Monitor and report on relevant metrics.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- 3+ years’ experience demonstrating exceptional writing and editing skills in a deadline-based field, such as journalism.
- 3+ years’ experience in content editing and project management.
- Demonstrable experience writing/editing a wide range of styles and voices (such as journalism, editorial, marketing and communications, technical writing, advertising) in a diversity of media (print, web content, marketing collateral, newsletters and other communications).
- Strong project management skills and experience managing multiple simultaneous projects, staff members, and deadlines.
- Ability to work collaboratively with internal teams and external contractors.
- Experience with research methods and best practices.
- Flexibility and adaptability to changing priorities and project needs.
- Familiarity with InDesign or other layout software
- Knowledge of current nonprofit sector technology use, trends, and news.
If you are not located near one of Tech Impact’s office locations, you are expected to provide your own workspace and internet. Tech Impact will provide you with a computer, headset for use with our virtual phone system, and basic office supplies.
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position