WordPress Support Team Manager
Palm Beach Gardens, Florida, United States
As a Support Manager at Awesome Motive, you’ll guide a support team to provide world-class pre-sales and technical support.
Our plugins are used on over 21 million sites, with individual products averaging over a million installs. So your work will have a big impact!
We’re looking for an experienced technical support manager who’s already built out and fostered a team of high-performers. You’ll handle hiring, set and communicate priorities in the team, and make sure we’re helping our team members to provide the best possible support to our customers. Your team will handle all direct communication with customers, including pre-sales, technical support, customer doc writing, and account/billing support.
To succeed in this role, you need to be passionate about – and have first-hand experience with – developing a highly effective support team.
Interested in applying?
Please read/follow the next steps outlined in “How to Apply” at the bottom of this listing.
Attention to detail is one of our core values! This is your chance to stand out 🙂
To love this role, here’s the type of person you are:
- You’re an excellent communicator, fluent in both verbal and written English, who makes sure nothing slips through the cracks. We believe communication is critical and there is no such thing as over-communicating.
- You love mentoring others and helping them “level up” just as much as working on a project yourself.
- You love to “nerd out” on support and bring out that enthusiasm in your team.
- You’re a quick learner, including technical concepts.
- You are comfortable giving critical feedback to peers (in a respectful and productive manner) and also truly appreciate receiving feedback yourself.
- You enjoy working remotely and managing a fully remote team.
- You’re a self-starter who loves taking initiative.
- You take pride in the quality and craftsmanship of your work rather than just doing it to get it done – with attention to detail.
- You’re happy to do tasks of all sizes, whether that means delegating work for a big project or hopping into the support queue to help with a tricky conversation.
Common responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Supervising and mentoring a team of supporters
- Hiring and managing support team growth
- Communicating with the team and supporting your peers using chat, audio, and video
- Developing targets and processes for the support team
- Identifying and analyzing support-related metrics
- Experience with:
- Managing a technical support team
- Working remotely
- Building systems and processes in support
- Analyzing support metrics
- Hiring & onboarding new team members
- Working in a technical environment (such as online software, web host, or WordPress-related company)
- Strong written & oral communication skills
- Personal computer with reliable internet access
- Availability to participate in audio/video meetings at any time needed during work hours
- Previous remote work experience
Bonus points if you also have:
- Technical support experience within WordPress
Working for a fast-growing bootstrapped company is a rare opportunity, one we consider a lifestyle choice rather than a job choice. Our positions are challenging, but also come with amazing advantages and fulfillment to those who earn them. Here’s what we offer.
- Competitive Salary.
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance benefits for full-time U.S. employees.
- Health Insurance benefits for all employees in India, Pakistan, Brazil, and Ukraine.
- Work from your home. We’re spread out all over the world United States, Canada, Ukraine, India, Pakistan, Singapore, and more.
- Unlimited PTO after 90 days of employment. We encourage employees to take the time they need for a vacation, stay healthy, and spend time with friends and family.
- Holidays (based on your location)
- Paid maternity and paternity leave.
- We happily provide or reimburse software you’ll need as well as books or courses that promote continued learning.
- We cover all costs of company travel (including our annual all-company retreat and mini-team meetups).
- Additional Perks such as AM Welcome Box for new team members, Yearly Anniversary Gifts, and Technology Stipend each work anniversary – including a new laptop to celebrate 5 year anniversary with the company.
- We give you the opportunity to solve challenging and meaningful problems that make a difference.
- Ability to work with some of the best people in the business through frequent, if not daily, interactions.
- And in case you were wondering: no politics, no b.s., and no jerks.
This is a remote position – our team is spread around the globe! Our home base is in Florida, USA, so company operating hours are 9am – 5pm ET (UTC -5). While full coverage is not a requirement, you must be available during a majority portion of the day.
At Awesome Motive, we strive to have the broadest possible view of diversity, going beyond visible differences to include the background, experiences, skills, and perspectives that make each person unique. Awesome Motive is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
How to apply?
If all of this sounds interesting, then please submit your application!
Please clearly include the following in your cover letter (required):
- Your management experience – tell us about how many people you have managed/mentored, projects you have managed, etc.
- Your experience with hiring.
- Your WordPress experience, or other technical background.
- Tell us a bit about yourself and why you should be considered. Details about your experience, qualifications, personality, etc are very helpful. If you’ve got experience coming in to lead an existing team, be sure to include that too!
- Profile links if available (Your website, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc).
Note that stock/generic cover letters won’t do – tell us why you want this job, not just any job.
Thanks so much for considering joining our team, and we look forward to hearing from you!