We’re a thriving ecosystem of top-tier freelancers from around the world. Trusted by Fortune 500 companies and Silicon Valley startups, Twine is the go-to platform for mission-critical projects. Twine’s experts get to participate in generating quality datasets at an unprecedented scale. With over half a million registered freelancers and a growing roster of 35,000+ companies, we’ve become the comprehensive solution for all things freelancing.
At Twine, we recognize that companies require a flexible approach to hiring expert freelancers for their most critical projects. Traditional freelance platforms often fall short when it comes to scalability and diversity. That’s where we shine. Twine operates as a thriving global freelance network, with diverse experts across various fields, including marketing, engineering, and AI. Our core mission is to empower creators, whether they’re businesses or individual freelancers, to thrive in their creative endeavours.
About the Role
We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced Colourist and End-of-Chain Video Editor for a dynamic and innovative media production company. In this role, you will play a crucial part in bringing our creative vision to life by enhancing the visual appeal of the videos through expert colour grading and ensuring a seamless final edit.
- Apply advanced colour grading techniques to achieve the desired visual style and mood for each project.
- Collaborate with directors, cinematographers, and other team members to understand and execute the creative vision for each video.
- Ensure colour consistency and quality across all shots and scenes.
- Take ownership of the end-of-chain video editing process, ensuring a polished and cohesive final product.
- Edit footage for pacing, storytelling, and overall visual impact.
- Incorporate feedback from internal teams and clients to refine the final edit.
- Stay updated on the latest industry trends, tools, and technologies related to color grading and video editing.
- Troubleshoot technical issues related to color correction, grading, and editing software.
- Work closely with other members of the post-production team to maintain a seamless workflow.
- Communicate effectively with directors, producers, and other stakeholders to understand project requirements and deliver on creative expectations.
- Conduct thorough quality checks to ensure the highest standards of video and color quality are maintained.
- Identify and address any inconsistencies or issues in the post-production process.
- Proven experience as a Colourist and Video Editor in a professional setting.
- Proficiency in industry-standard color grading software (e.g., DaVinci Resolve, Adobe SpeedGrade).
- Expertise in video editing software (e.g., Adobe Premiere Pro, Final Cut Pro).
- Strong understanding of cinematography, color theory, and storytelling.
- Excellent attention to detail and a keen eye for visual aesthetics.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a fast-paced, creative environment.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to take and provide constructive feedback.