Vice President, Strategic Development (Worldwide Remote)
Global Conservation Full-Time
Positions Managed: WCS Global fundraising (private philanthropy and foundations), WCS Global communications.
Location: Flexible, with preference for WCS New York Headquarters
Country Program/Sector: Strategic Development
Position Type: Full-time
Candidates outside United States will be considered under WCS local hiring package.
The Vice President, Strategic Development is a part of leadership for the development of relationships with philanthropic and other strategic partners to ensure the sustainability of WCS Global’s work. This position will lead the development of a strategy to bring stakeholders together to deepen philanthropic engagements and develop and implement a communication plan that conveys WCS Global’s conservation impact. This is an exciting opportunity to lead fundraising and communication efforts that enable the scaling of WCS’s conservation impact globally.
- Lead the development of a multi-year strategic plan to scale funding and resources to achieve WCS Global’s growth goals, in partnership with key internal stakeholders.
- Lead the establishment of strategic partnerships with external entities to advance WCS goals and objectives and elevate WCS engagement and coordination with major programmatic private foundations, philanthropic interests, other non-governmental organizations, corporations, and individuals.
- Position WCS to develop the necessary partnerships to both pitch and deliver on the ‘big ideas’ transcending specific programs, including refining, managing, and coordinating our strategy to protect a global portfolio of Nature’s Strongholds.
- Steward the strategic development and resource mobilization to deliver on WCS’s conservation strategy.
- Spearhead WCS Global’s external engagement, including branding, communications, and web and social media presence in coordination with other key WCS stakeholders and leadership.
- Lead WCS Global’s internal communications efforts.
- Be a thought leader both internally and externally on the current trends and opportunities in development and communications.
- Bachelor’s Degree required, master’s degree in a relevant field a plus.
- At least 15 years’ relevant experience in a related field.
- Prior fundraising leadership experience.
- Inclusive leadership skills, including an ability to build a team, encourage innovation, inspire others, and lead across boundaries.
- Strong ability to work with a wide variety of people from different backgrounds, cultures and within a dispersed team that includes both WCS and non-WCS staff.
- English fluency essential, additional language fluency is desirable, particularly in Spanish and French.
- A passion for nature, and commitment to saving wildlife and wild places; committed to the mission, vision, and values of WCS.
- Ability to undertake significant travel (25-50% of the time).
- Willingness to work across multiple time zones.
Licenses & Certifications:
$200,000 – $275,000