VP of Operations and Growth – Fantasy
What is Underdog?
Founded by a team of industry veterans, Underdog was born with the idea that bringing strategic innovation to sports gaming and entertainment is the key to success in an exceptionally competitive market. Underdog has quickly established itself as a leader in the space, and is committed to building the best sports gaming platform in the industry — and supporting the most passionate community of sports fans while doing it!
At Underdog, we’re not only about creating these awesome products, but also about growing our culture of passion, ownership, and fun! We believe that great companies are made out of great people. Our continual aim is to create an inclusive environment for everyone, at all levels, to achieve their highest potential at work.
As the VP of Operations and Growth of Fantasy, you will act as a key leader of the Fantasy vertical, overseeing many important aspects. You’ll be responsible for driving the short and long term success of the business line by continuing to create and build unique value.
Please note, Underdog is a US based company and no sponsorship is available for this position at this time.
What you’ll do:
- Own and be responsible for the growth, profitability, operations, short, and long term strategy of Underdog’s fantasy business
- Build out, enhance, and scale current processes around all operational teams that touch the fantasy business
- Grow and optimize the fantasy business line by using quantitative and qualitative data points to increase top line revenue and maximize profitability
- Define, monitor, and report on KPIs to the management team
- Manage and mentor the fantasy operating teams (35+) while building additional structure and process
- Expand Underdog’s capabilities in the areas of revenue operations, growth, and data surrounding these functions
- Work cross-functionally across all departments of the business (operations, marketing, engineering, product, finance, etc.) to ensure success
- Find ways to integrate fantasy and other verticals, with a strong emphasis on cross sell
- Be in tune with the voice of the customer and quickly respond in ways that are on brand
Who you are:
- A data-driven and analytical mindset with a history of defining strategic goals and delivering results in a dynamic environment
- Experience working with partners across other functions in support of key deliverables
- Ability to effectively manage and lead cross-functional teams
- Driven with the sense of ownership and an entrepreneurial spirit
- Experience having meaningful ownership over the P&L of a business and driving strategic success
Even better if you have
- Prior fantasy or sports betting experience
Underdog Sports is firmly committed to equity, inclusion, and diversity. Our unique culture was built on the foundation of a safe and inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds. We highly value the mental, physical, and emotional health of our employees, and are continuously asking ourselves: what can we do better? Underdog is an equal opportunity employer and doesn’t discriminate on the basis of creed, race, sexual orientation, gender, age, disability status or any other defining characteristic. Our targeted compensation rate for this position is between $200,000 to $250,000, depending on experience, plus equity. Think your skills are exceptional and warrant higher pay? Apply anyway! If we agree, we’re willing to negotiate. For the right candidate, we are open to Vice President level. Below you’ll find a few of our perks:
- Unlimited PTO (we’re extremely flexible with the exception of the first few weeks before & into the NFL season)
- 16 weeks of fully paid parental leave
- Company paid Health, Dental, Vision plan option for employees and dependents
- 401k Match & FSA
- Remote, In-Person, or Hybrid Scheduling we are 100% VIRTUAL FIRST!
- A $500 home office allowance
- $100 in UD credit
- Support for learning and development
- Book club expense your books!
- Monthly raffle to win a sports ticket reimbursement of up to $500 (including game day snacks!)
- Lastly, an extremely transparent, fun, and engaging culture where you will grow both personally and professionally!