One platform, a whole world of opportunity
Right now, the best jobs are limited to people in a handful of the world’s wealthiest cities, yet brilliant people are everywhere. Driven to overturn the status quo and distribute opportunities equally around the world, Oyster launched its global employment platform to help companies hire, pay, and care for talent anywhere.
When it comes to global employment, we walk the walk. We’re proof that companies don’t need an office to create a highly-engaged culture. Since the company’s inception in January 2020, Oyster has:
Created a fully-distributed, vibrant team of 500+ employees across 60+ countries
Established a diverse leadership team and an employee base that’s 60% female
Achieved one of the highest employee engagement scores in its class
Raised $150 million in Series C funding at a valuation of over $1 billion!
Our momentum speaks to the power of global employmentand we’re just getting started! If you want to change the world with Oyster and be empowered to work remotely while doing so, we’d love for you to apply!
Location: While this position is posted in a specific location, all of Oyster’s positions are fully remote and you can work from home. Forever. That said, you must be located within +5 / -5 UTC timezones.
Oyster is looking for an experienced Vice President (VP) of Marketing to lead a fully-distributed, remote team. This is an exciting opportunity where you will be at the forefront of the future of work and have an opportunity to become a thought leader in this rapidly growing space.
Reporting to the CRO, the VP Marketing will play a key role in the revenue leadership team, enabling people through strategy, prioritisation, and excellent execution. A core component of this hands-on role will be to drive the growth and diversification of revenue channels while prioritising Oyster’s brand development & growth. A key part of the role will be to develop and implement marketing strategies aligned with Oyster’s goals and objectives.
This is a highly collaborative role that will build strong relationships with other business leaders including RevOps, Partnerships, Sales and Customer Success.
What you’ll do
Brand Strategy and Management:
- Develop and execute a comprehensive brand strategy with an emphasis on owned and earned non-paid media that reflects Oyster’s values, mission, and unique selling proposition.
- Ensure consistent brand messaging and visual identity across all channels and touchpoints.
- Monitor and enhance brand perception through effective brand positioning, storytelling, and customer experience strategies.
- Collaborate with the creative team to produce compelling brand assets and marketing collateral.
- Identify and explore new revenue channels and business opportunities to drive revenue growth and reduce dependence on any single channel.
- Develop and scale the partnerships and outbound marketing channels lead generation sources to complement Oyster’s inbound and outbound marketing
- Develop and execute strategic initiatives to expand Oyster’s product and service offerings into new markets or industries.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure alignment and successful implementation of revenue diversification strategies.
Marketing Strategy and Planning:
- Conduct market research and analysis to identify target markets, customer needs, and competitive landscape for each revenue channel.
- Develop short, medium and long term marketing team strategy , to be presented to Executive leadership
- Create clear positioning and value propositions for Oyster’s products and services within each revenue channel.
- Make data-driven decisions to optimize strategies and improve ROI
- Develop and execute a global strategy that drives revenue growth
- Define marketing goals, KPIs, and budgets for each revenue channel, and regularly evaluate performance against targets.
Demand Generation and Lead Acquisition:
- Own lead generation activities to support revenue growth across multiple channels.
- Lead and support effective demand generation campaigns tailored to each revenue channel, utilizing digital marketing, social media, email marketing, and events.
- Qualify and drive higher performance lead acquisition strategies, leveraging marketing automation tools and CRM systems.
- Collaborate closely with the sales team to ensure alignment and provide support in lead nurturing and conversion for each revenue channel.
Team Leadership and Development:
- Provide strong leadership to the marketing team, fostering a collaborative and high-performance culture.
- Recruit, train, and develop marketing talent with expertise in revenue diversification and brand management.
- Work with cross-functional leadership team to ensure a culture of sharing best practices across multiple disciplines and teams and ensure internal processes are optimized
- Set clear objectives, provide feedback, and conduct performance evaluations.
- Stay updated with industry trends, emerging technologies, and best practices to drive innovation within the marketing function.
- Proven track record of at least 10 years in marketing leadership roles in late series pre-IPO companies, with a focus on revenue diversification and brand growth
- Deep understanding of brand management, revenue diversification, digital marketing, and demand generation
- Strong strategic thinking and demonstrated experience in designing and executing successful marketing strategies
- Hands-on experience managing a remote or fully distributed team
- Data-driven mindset with proficiency in marketing analytics and reporting
- Ability to thrive in an ambiguous environment with a high degree of autonomy
- Strong project management skills and ability to prioritise and manage multiple initiatives simultaneously
- Excellent coach, mentor, and thought leader with a proven record of recruiting and enabling top talent
- Ability to build productive and positive relationships across the organisation at all levels
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build relationships and influence stakeholders across levels
You’ll also need…
- A reliable home internet connection (or be able to get one)
- Fluent English language skills
How we work together at Oyster
Our values guide the work we do, the decisions we make, and the culture that makes us special. We elevate talent. We build trust. We thrive together.
Our mission is to create a more equal worldone global hire at a time. Everything we do ladders up to our missionand that doesn’t just mean building software. We develop programs, participate in workshops, and create dedicated teams to ensure we successfully support companies and knowledge workers in this new world of work.
We embrace asynchronous communication and collaborative workand we share how we work in the Oyster Public HQ to help other global teams learn from our experiences.
How YOU work
Different countries have different statutory benefits, different cultures have different norms, and different people have different needs! In order to best support and encourage our diverse team, we’ve created How YOU Work; a program of policies, practices, and perks to support your whole human experience as an employee at Oyster.
- Work from anywhere: Oyster is a borderless, HQ-less company. As long as your work gets done on time, your team has the support they need, and you’re authorized to work where you live, the world is truly your Oyster.
- Paid time off: We’re all about taking breaks we all need it. Oyster provides employees with 40 days off each year, which includes public/bank holidays and vacation/holiday leave (unless your country mandates more).
- Mental health support: We consider your mental health a top priority. We offer access to Plumm, a mental well-being service, to support your mental health.
- Wellbeing allowance: Each month, Oyster will top up your Juno wallet with a wellbeing allowance. Juno Points can be applied to anything that helps you show up to work as your best self, whether that’s your internet bill, a class, gym membership, or houseplants. The choices are endless!
- Flexible parental leave: Families are created in lots of different ways. Our parental leave policy applies to all employees who are becoming parents, regardless of how they become a parent. Oysters are eligible for a minimum of three months of paid parental leave and your job will be held for 12 months (or longer if required by local jurisdiction).
- WFH stipend: $3000 stipend to spend on your laptop and any other equipment you need for your home office; we’ll get you up and running in no time!
The best jobs should be available to everyone
At Oyster, we celebrate a variety of perspectives and experiences and we’ve intentionally built our product and our company with an inclusive, global mindset. We know from experience that people from underrepresented groups often don’t apply for roles they don’t feel they meet all the criteria for. We’re committed to elevating talent by creating a trust-based environment where we can all thrive together. So if you think you have what it takes, but don’t necessarily check every single box, please consider applying. We’d love to hear how you might contribute to our mission and our team.
Oyster is committed to ensuring equal opportunity of employment for qualified persons with disabilities and actively fosters an inclusive work environment. Please email email@example.com with the subject line: Interview Accommodations if you require any reasonable accommodations throughout the recruiting process.