Share this job Description
Carry1st is Africa’s leading publisher of mobile games and digital content. Operating at the intersection of games, publishing, and fintech, we scale awesome content in frontier markets by solving hard problems. Across our publishing and Pay1st business lines, we are partnered with top global game companies like Riot Games, Activision, and Stillfront. We are backed by top investors like: a16z, Bitkraft, Google, Konvoy, Riot Games, and Nas.
As Treasury Analyst you’ll be working closely with our finance team, financial institutions & partners to ensure the business maximises and efficiently manages its cash, meets its working capital requirements and manages FX across various jurisdictions.
- Be accountable for foreign currency trade settlement activities, including confirmation, documentation, controls, compliance of foreign exchange trades
- Maintain a rolling weekly cash forecast to ensure the company’s cash flows allow it to operate effectively
- Play a role in the automation of payment functionality from our accounting system
- Be the primary contact for banks to lead the process of opening new bank accounts to support expansion plan
- Analyse monthly bank fees and identify fee opportunities
- Create internal control and process around cash deployment and reporting as the Company continues to grow and ensure compliance with the same
- Maintain weekly treasury reconciliations
What makes you a great candidate?
- +3 years of relevant experience in treasury operations for a fintech or corporate treasury
- Knowledge of banking, treasury and payment processes and systems
- Ability to work autonomously and be flexible in a fast paced environment
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, work effectively in a international team environment
What will it be like to work at Carry1st?
Carry1st is a fast-paced and dynamic place to work. Our team is diverse and global as we operate fully-remotely across 25+ countries. At Carry1st, you will have the opportunity to…
- Build awesome, industry-changing products, every day
- Grow with a VC-backed startup at the intersection of gaming and fintech
- Work from anywhere in the world with international teammates
- Own shares in the Company – enabling you to benefit from the value you create
Some additional perks…
- Co-working excursions: Travel to meet your colleagues in cities around the world
- Awesome equipment: Get everything you need to work effectively
- Remote working allowance: Put an additional $600 / year to optimise your WFH experience
- Learning and development: Attend courses, conferences and training events
- Social events: Participate in regular company events to relax and connect with teammates
- Birthday leave: Enjoy a paid day off on your special day
We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. Join us!
Learn more about Carry1st…
- Andreessen Horowitz shared why they invested in Carry1st
- VentureBeat announced that Carry1st has raised $27 million to develop and publish mobile games in Africa
- Remerge hosted Cordel on a podcast to discuss Carry1st and the African gaming market