Test Automation Engineer
At Criterion Systems, we developed a different kind of businessa company whose real value is a reputation for excellence built upon the collective skills, talents, perspectives, and backgrounds of its people. By accepting a position with Criterion Systems, you will join a group of professionals with a collaborative mindset where we share ideas and foster professional development to accomplish our goals. In addition to our great culture, we also offer competitive compensation and benefit packages, company-sponsored team building events, and advancement opportunities. To find out more about how Criterion can help you take your career to the next level please visit our website: www.criterion-sys.com.
We are seeking a Test Automation Engineer to support a USDA contract. This position is 100% REMOTE
The contract supports a variety of customers with DEVOPS, DEVSECOPS, and Architecture support.
Duties, Tasks & Responsibilities
- Extensive experience in black box manual testing of web applications with UIs
- Extensive experience with functional, system, regression, and integration testing
- Ability to read and execute complex SQL.
- Ability to analyze a product for accurate Integration test scenarios.
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities.
- Proven experience developing test plans and test cases from requirements/user stories.
- Proven experience with test management tools. X-Ray experience is preferred.
- Proven experience with automated testing tools such as HPE Performance Center (LoadRunner)
- Experience with a variety of SDLC/EPLC methodologies required.
- Experience with Agile methodologies
- Experience in white box testing of RESTful APIs, SOAP APIs, and/or web services.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task under tight deadlines and report status
- Ability to document QA procedures for the team.
- Ability to validate the deployment of software releases.
- Proven experience in test planning (including data planning), test scheduling, and test evaluation.
- Proven experience creating, maintaining, and evaluating of software automation test scripts (including incorporation of dynamic test data)
- Ability to train others regarding automation test concepts; plus providing guidance and direction as needed.
- Management of defects within a corporate defect tracking system.
- Track quality assurance metrics, like defect densities and open defect counts
- Being a highly effective Quality Assurance Engineer and an active part of the projects Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
Required Experience, Education, Skills & Technologies
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or Green Card holder
- Must pass a background investigation.
- Experience with automated testing tools. FitNesse and HPE LoadRunner are a plus.
- Experience creating, maintaining and evaluating software automation test scripts (including incorporation of dynamic test data).
- Experience with Linux, JBoss and Appian.
- 508 Certification
- Familiarity with Docker/OpenShift and virtualized environments
- Coordination and prioritization of test development activities and the ability to work with multiple teams are also critical for the selected candidate. Candidate must have the ability to troubleshoot independently both software and operating system level installation and configuration issues.
Security Clearance Level
- Ability to attain and retain Federal Government Position of Trust
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, 401(k) match, Tuition/Training Assistance, Parental Leave, Paid Time Off, and Holidays.
Criterion Systems, LLC and its subsidiaries are committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination at all levels of our organization. We believe in treating all applicants and employees fairly and make employment decisions without regard to any individual’s protected status: race, ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, creed, sex/gender, gender identity/gender expression, sexual orientation, physical and mental disability, marital/parental status, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation, and related medical conditions), age, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit https://careers-criterion-sys.icims.com/.