Title: Technical Writer (Temporary)
Location: US (Remote)
WELCOME to Aetion! We are one of the country’s leading science-driven technology companies using real-world evidence to provide innovative healthcare solutions. Our Discover and Substantiate applications, powered by the Aetion Evidence Platform, are used to evaluate the safety, effectiveness and value of medications, delivering better outcomes to patients, medical professionals, and clients. We’ve partnered with top biopharma companies and are backed by leading venture capital firms to help increase our medical research and expand our product line.
Aetion and Aetion’s leadership are recipients of several prestigious awards:
- Built In Boston, Built In New York, & Built In Los Angeles 2023 Best Places to Work
- Parity.org’s 2023 Best Companies for Women to Advance & Best Companies for People of Color to Advance
- NYC Health Business Leaders’ 2023 Digital Health 100
- CB Insights’ 2022 Digital Health 150
Come join us!
Ideal start date: As soon as possible
Duration: 3 to 5 months
Time commitment: 40 hours / week
Location: US or EU
As a Technical Writer, you will support external and internal users of our product and the information it generates. You will provide our customers with content that encourages adoption and optimization of our products. You will be a creator and a curator. You will develop specialized content on our products and methods for professional and academic audiences. You’ll develop highly engaging materials without sacrificing rigorous accuracy and completeness. You will support our goal to identify and implement solutions to the challenges of learning at the moment of need.
The duties of this job include, but are not limited to…
- Be familiar with various industry standards including, but not limited to Good Clinical Practices, 21 C.F.R. Part 11, and Good Pharmacovigilance Practice (GVP).
- Be familiar with best practices for software development, including product and technical specifications, testing and validation.
- Create, deploy, and curate accurate, engaging written content in multiple formats: knowledge base / reference library entries, technical documents, eLearning scripts and supporting materials, job aids, and slide decks.
- Coordinate the identification and timing of updates and new content development. Work closely with the product team and the knowledge base content team. Collaborate with subject matter experts to serve as reviewers and, when necessary, primary writers. Support SMEs’ work with tact and your own expertise as a writing professional.
- Create and maintain productive relationships with product, science, data, and other colleagues to ensure the learning team is seen as a collaborative partner.
- Provide grammar, readability, and usability reviews and edits across all learning support materials and media.
- Update and develop writing standards and other standards aligned to company-level guidelines and learning function-level needs. Ensure standards are consistently applied.
- Participate in the development, propagation, and enforcement of content governance standards and processes. Ensure changes and updates are reflected in all relevant content across our learning ecosystem.
- In this role you are not expected to be a subject matter expert capable of performing complex statistical and epidemiological studies. However, you will be expected to describe this work clearly. You should embrace challenges as a motivator. (“I’m just a tech writer” is an unwelcome phrase here.) You must love learning, even topics that seem overwhelming at first.
- 3+ years of technical writing experience
- Experience producing documentation for customer help centers / knowledge bases, job aids, training activities, and other software-user onboarding and support activities
- Demonstrated creativity and innovation in content creation and management
- Exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills
- Demonstrated experience working with highly specialized subject matter experts in a scientific, analytic, or other quantitative field
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field or industry certifications in technical writing or communications
- 3+ years of relevant experience in a B2B analytics SaaS environment
- World-class English written and verbal communication skills
- Experience designing global content solutions for a diverse audience
- Expertise in Google Drive, Google Docs, and Google Slides
- Experience creating consistent, high-quality technical illustrations in Sketch or a similar tool
- Experience creating in-app guidance with Pendo, AppCues, or a similar tool
- Healthcare industry experience, especially in B2B SaaS environment
- Working knowledge of healthcare data
- Working knowledge of standard clinical terminologies and coding systems.
- Interest in developing in your knowledge of life science analysis methods and supporting data
Aetion is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Aetion is committed to being an employer of choice, not just a good place to work, but a great and inclusive place to work. To that end, we strive to recruit and maintain a workforce that meaningfully represents the diverse and culturally rich communities that we serve. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disabled status or, genetic information.