Technical Writer (Contract)
Remote – United States
Reddit is a community of communities where people can dive into anything through experiences built around their interests, hobbies, and passions. Our mission is to bring community, belonging, and empowerment to everyone in the world. Reddit users submit, vote, and comment on content, stories, and discussions about the topics they care about the most. From pets to parenting, with over 100,000 active communities and over 70 million daily active users, it is home to the most open and authentic conversations on the internet. For more information, visit redditinc.com.
As a contract Technical Writer on Reddit’s Ads Engineering team, you’ll be responsible for creating and maintaining documentation on Reddit’s Conversions API (CAPI), Reddit Pixel, and web attribution for external developers. You’ll craft clear, easy-to-follow documentation, create a consistent information architecture, and work with engineering and product teams to suggest updates that will streamline code integration, reduce mistakes, and improve adoption. You’ll collaborate with other senior technical writers to create consistent documentation experiences that make developing seamless.
- Able to make test API requests (Postman/curl)
- Able to integrate, QA, troubleshoot JS and 1×1 pixels
- Experienced navigating XFN teams, e.g. working across API/CM/AO teams to clarify nuances with optimization_goal
- Experienced explaining data models/relationships to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Thought leadership on content strategy for technical documentation
- Familiar with OpenAPI specs (nice to have)
What You’ll Do
- Craft documentation, tutorials, guides, and other materials to help Reddit’s advertisers set up the technical tooling they need to run successful campaigns.
- Work closely with engineering and product teams to drive the strategy and execution for creating documentation for Reddit’s Reddit’s Conversions API (CAPI), Reddit Pixel, web attribution, and other technical tooling used by Reddit advertisers. This includes understanding requirements, scoping work, designing the information architecture and navigation, and developing the documentation content itself.
- Collaborate with other technical writers to document your own strategies and create guidelines for technical documentation and best practices and principles for writing.
Who You Might Be
- Someone with experience in technical writing, who’s comfortable owning documentation in multiple formats, establishing team writing goals and standards, and working closely with engineering teams and program managers as part of the development process.
- A technical writer well-versed in APIs, web development, and developer workflows who is able to make test API requests (in Postman/curl).
- A strong problem solver who can be effective in situations with limited information, building a solution from principles and communicating it to stakeholders.
- Humble and motivated to ship the best product; you’re always thinking about how to improve the experience for the end user.
- An excellent writer with strong attention to detail, and someone with experience with information architecture and content design.
In addition to your application, please submit a portfolio or writing samples that highlight the breadth and depth of your technical writing and design experience. Applications without a portfolio will not be considered.
Reddit is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at ApplicationAssistance@Reddit.com.