Title: Technical Product Manager
Location: Remote (US Only)
The future, as we see it, has billions of devices connected to the Internet everything from citywide bike sharing systems to smarter HVAC systems to early alerting systems for methane leaks and wildfires. Hologram will make this connectivity revolution possible by making it easy for any company in any industry to connect sensors and devices to the Internet.
We make this possible with Hyper our cellular connectivity platform and SIM cards that provide our customers with access to highly customizable connectivity with access to nearly 500 carriers in over 200 countries and territories around the world. The future is connected, and Hologram is connecting it.
We’re looking for a Technical Product Manager who will help us accelerate global adoption for cellular connectivity across industries by transforming SIM cards into software and delivering the most flexible and intelligent portfolio of connectivity profiles on the planet.
About This Role
As a Technical Product Manager at Hologram, you’ll be responsible for defining and owning a product strategy that serves the needs of our customers and of our business. You’ll be trusted with the ownership and responsibility to define and champion a product roadmap that achieves your goals, and will lead the company in bringing that roadmap to life.
As a Product Manager at Hologram, you’ll be responsible for the complete lifecycle of the products that you manage, from the earliest stages of problem discovery to technical delivery and customer enablement. Your success will be measured by the impact of your products and ideas to the business, not by the number of features you ship or the tasks you complete.
If you are self-motivated, growth-focused, and hungry to create personal impact, this position is for you. This role is a part of our Experience team, building new features to provision, manage, and optimize connectivity for fleets of devices. You will work closely with multiple squads of engineers as well as work cross-functionally with colleagues in Customer Success, Product Marketing, and Sales.
What you’ll do:
- Drive product discovery. Conduct industry and customer research to identify customer needs and market opportunities. Partner with Design to test new mocks and prototypes. Distill concepts into problem statements that create clear targets for solution development.
- Define product roadmaps. Define and validate the viability of a roadmap of products or features that solve meaningful problems for our customers and achieve clearly defined business objectives.
- Execute your roadmap. Define clear product requirements (PRDs) for initiatives on your roadmap. ****Partner with a squad of engineers to deliver your roadmap on-time and to-quality.
- Drive customer adoption. Partner with marketing and sales to develop positioning and narratives that generate customer interest and engagement. Drive the adoption of products you deliver through partnership with Marketing, Sales, and Customer success.
- Manage to business outcomes. Identify and manage to success metrics that measure the impact of the products that you deliver. Use data and judgement to discern between good ideas that deserve resourcing and bad ones that should be deprecated or discarded.
Helpful skills and experience:
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills that you use to crisply articulate requirements, evangelize product strategy, and collaborate successfully with cross-functional partners.
- You have a growth mindset that you use to adapt your priorities and working methodologies to meet rapidly changing business and organizational needs.
- You focus on impact over activities and are motivated by achieving collective success for the business through strong execution with your team.
- You have a passion for user experiences and are able to translate product and technical requirements into front end products that are easy to understand and adopt.
- You are technically literate and able to message at both high and low levels of technical complexity as the situation and audience requires.
- Previous experience as a product manager, including independent ownership for a product line that you managed from concept to delivery
- Previous experience working on front end products and/or growth product teams. Bonus points for self service flows, work flows, or funnel optimization.
- Previous experience working on technical products (examples include software integrations, APIs, networking, hardware/software products, data products, etc)
- Previous experience working at a startup or an equivalent high-growth business environment
Nice to have experience:
- Previous experience working closely with go-to-market and sales teams, including experience building messaging and positioning for products that you’ve managed
- Previous experience with cellular networking, IoT, or embedded systems (hardware + software)
How we work at Hologram
Hologram is a fun, upbeat, and remote-first team united by our core values of ownership, transparency, and mindfulness. We trust you to do what’s best for our product, customers, and team members and empower you to make the right calls without heavy bureaucracy.
As part of our team, you’ll receive:
- Competitive, transparent pay and equity. The salary range for this role is $128k-$192k.
- Unlimited paid time off and flexible scheduling
- We cover 100% for employees and dependents on our base medical plan
- 14 weeks of family leave
- Monthly benefits budget
- Generous home office setup stipend