Technical Help Content Writer (US Remote)
Client Success · Huntersville, North Carolina
Welcome to Jackrabbit Technologies.
Jackrabbit Technologies is the leading provider of software and services that help youth activity centers — gymnastics, dance, cheer, swim, music, childcare, and others — grow and operate efficiently. We are an entrepreneurial-minded, rapidly-growing SaaS company that has been recognized as one of the Best Places to Work in North Carolina and one of North Carolina’s Top Industry-Driven Technology Companies. Jackrabbit Technologies’ SaaS solution powers nearly 7000 clients in 35 countries around the world.
Our culture empowers YOU.
We hire people passionate about what they do, provide them with the tools to succeed, and then get out of their way! Living our vision, mission, and values, our people are what make Jackrabbit Technologies an awesome place to work. And that “awesome place” is virtual–all of our employees enjoy the privilege of working remotely. We always have and always will. So, you must have reliable high-speed internet access. We are interested in speaking to qualified candidates who are eligible to work in the U.S. We are not able to sponsor visas.
What you’ll do.
As a Technical Help Content Writer with Jackrabbit Technologies, you will translate product user stories and specifications to create high-quality help documentation that contributes to the overall success of our clients. You will update and maintain help documentation via our help authoring tool, Knowledge Owl, as our products and services evolve to include new features and serve new markets. Your success is defined by our end users’ success in utilizing our products and services.
In addition, you will:
- Create easy-to-understand help content that conveys the value to the user in a user-friendly voice, blending text with visuals such as images, tables, etc., as needed.
- Create content that adheres to established brand identity guidelines.
- Participate in the product sprint and release process to understand dynamic product changes.
- Collaborate with product managers and subject matter experts to extract key content about target audiences, product features, use cases, and workflows.
- Publish, maintain, and disseminate Help Center content, ensuring publication for content is closely aligned with product releases.
- Collaborate with teammates on content standards, priorities, and delivery options to end users.
- Manage and respond to knowledge base feedback from internal and external customers, and update help content if applicable.
- Maintain and enhance knowledge base taxonomy using tags, search phrases, and metadata to improve user search.
- Stay up-to-date on enhancements to our help authoring tool and implement them to improve internal workflows or user experience.
- Analyze end-user behavior via the help authoring tool and Google Analytics to optimize the delivery of relevant help content.
- Train other employees on our help authoring tool when applicable.
What you’re about.
You are tech-savvy, customer-focused, able to adapt to changing requirements and priorities, self-motivated, and well-organized with excellent attention to detail. In addition, you are passionate about creating effective and engaging adult learning content.
In addition, you have:
- 2-year degree or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of technical writing experience
- Ability to write in explanatory and procedural styles for multiple audiences
- Typing speed of 40+ WPM
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail
- Experience with help authoring tools, Knowledge Owl preferred
- Experience editing HTML/CSS, a plus
- Experience with agile software project management software, Aha and Jira preferred
- Ability to travel up to 10%
What you will love about us.
- Our Culture! Read what our employees say about working at Jackrabbit on Glassdoor.
- We work remotely. We always have – we always will!
- Our Health and Wellness Benefits. Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Accounts.
- We help you with the unexpected. Company-Paid Disability and Life Insurance. Opportunity to elect Critical Illness and Accident Insurance. Plus confidential access to legal and life counseling and mental health support available 24/7.
- Your future looks bright at Jackrabbit. 401(k) with a generous company match, access to financial planning.
- We pay you to play, rest, recharge and balance your life. Paid Time Off, Paid Parental and Sabbatical leaves.
- You will grow your skills with us. Annual allowance for professional development.
- We give back. Paid Time to volunteer in your community.
Jackrabbit Technologies is an equal-opportunity employer.