Technical Director – Games
Carry1st is Africa’s leading publisher of mobile games and digital content. Operating at the intersection of games, publishing, and fintech, we scale awesome content in frontier markets by solving hard problems. Across our publishing and Pay1st business lines, we are partnered with top global game companies like Riot Games, Activision, and Stillfront. We are backed by top investors like: a16z, Bitkraft, Google, Konvoy, Riot Games, and Nas.
As Technical Director, you’ll be responsible for the technical strategy and performance of our games. You’ll work closely with our Product, Platform and 3rd party development teams to shape a successful product.
- Partner with Product and Business Development teams to identify 3rd party partner studios and evaluate their technical capabilities and effectiveness
- Be accountable for the technical strategy of a product and take an active part in establishing tech quality standards needed for a product’s financial success
- Be responsible for building effective development processes & workflows for partner teams and internal teams
- Be responsible for technical documentation and upwards reporting of technical performance
- Partner with Production to build Technical Backlogs and effectively cost items on the backlog
- Build healthy relationships with 3rd party development partners, Carry 1st’s platform team, game engines and any other service providers
- Mentor engineers in best practices for mobile game development
- Be accountable for sourcing and hiring processes to identify and hire engineers
What makes you a great candidate?
- 7+ years of professional experience as a software engineer working in a game development team
- 2+ years as a leader/manager leading engineers
- 1+ year as a technical lead guiding the direction and implementation of a game
- Experience recruiting candidates and growing an engineering team
- Experience in shipping a new game and transitioning it a live game
What will it be like to work at Carry1st?
Carry1st is a fast-paced and dynamic place to work. Our team is diverse and global as we operate fully-remotely across 25+ countries. At Carry1st, you will have the opportunity to…
- Build awesome, industry-changing products, every day
- Grow with a VC-backed startup at the intersection of gaming, fintech, and web3
- Work from anywhere in the world with international teammates
- Own shares in the Company – enabling you to benefit from the value you create
Some additional perks…
- Co-working excursions: Travel to meet your colleagues in cities around the world
- Awesome equipment: Get everything you need to work effectively
- Remote working allowance: Put an additional $600 / year to optimise your WFH experience
- Learning and development: Attend courses, conferences and training events
- Social events: Participate in regular company events to relax and connect with teammates
- Birthday leave: Enjoy a paid day off on your special day
We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. Join us!