Teaching Assistant (Part-Time) – Coding Dojo Part Time Web Development Program (Job Number: 45784)
- Occasionally support Instructors through assisting in teaching through small lectures, live demos.
- Conduct code reviews with students when necessary.
- Enforce the 20-minute rule.
- Frequent check-ins with students (every 20 minutes depending), to identify what students are working on and how to support their learning.
- Provide student feedback to the lead instructor.
- Create and support a fun atmosphere for learning.
- Comfortable with supporting students remotely via Zoom & chat forums.
- Assist students by helping answer questions via Mattermost & Discord.
- Grade exams.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work with minimal guidance and direction, pure problem solver
- Ability to work alone and/or in teams.
- Minimum: High school diploma (or equivalent) and Certication of Completion from a full stack web development bootcamp
- Preferred: Working knowledge of cloud computing services
- Preferred: Professional experience as a software developer, web developer, or domain expert.
- Enthusiasm – exhibits passion and excitement over work. Has a can-do attitude
- Calm under pressure – maintains stable performance even when under heavy pressure or stress
- Information processing skills – demonstrates ability to quickly and prociently understand and absorb new information
- Humble – respectful of everyone and their neuro-diversity
What we offer*
- Salary Range between $20.19 and $25.00 per hour
- Paid time off
- Comprehensive medical, pharmaceutical, dental, and vision benefits
- Health savings and flexible spending accounts
- 401(k) Savings Plan
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Tuition assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Additional benefits including an Employee Assistance Program, prenatal and adoption assistance, and other voluntary benefits to select from.
*Most benefits apply to full-time employees. Some benefits apply to part-time employees as well. Benefits may vary by location and position and are subject to change at any time. Ask your recruiter for full details and information about eligible dependents.