Strategic Account Manager
DeVry University strives to close our society’s opportunity gap by preparing learners to thrive in careers shaped by continuous technological change. Through innovative programs, relevant partnerships, and exceptional care, we empower students to meaningfully improve their lives, communities, and workplaces.
When you apply for a DeVry University career, you become part of an institution that dates back to 1931. Our colleagues are passionate about higher education and shaping the future of today’s learners.
Accountable for cultivating strong relationships and partnerships within the client base and across the multiple business units of existing clients under the Corporate Education Program. The focus is to increase employer enrollments; employers use customized training and the number of graduates hired into employers’ organizations. Engagement opportunities may range from mid-level leaders to C-suite influencers and decision-makers.
- Ability to identify enhanced opportunities by expanding business through discovery and effective consultative sales process.
- Grows existing corporate accounts by creating expanded, strong, value-based partnerships and leveraging existing senior relationships within the employer base.
- Excellent relationship-building skills which can translate into significant lateral relationships at the employer.
- Ability to influence others.
- Oversees and promotes all the corporate partnership process requirements: researching company needs, securing executive sponsorship, developing proposals, and negotiating contracts.
- Meets with senior management (C suite, Vice Presidents, and Directors) of the existing base to expand relationships and secure corporate
- education partnerships, customized training opportunities with DeVry, as well as hiring opportunities for DeVry graduates.
- Plans organizes and leads a consultative business development process resulting in a strategic account plan to grow the relationship.
- Responsible for managing an existing account base.
- Accountable for growth and revenue goals.
- Manages and develops deep relationships with key stakeholders within existing DVU clients.
- Executes effective long-term marketing strategy with key client stakeholders to generate events supporting partnership growth, increase employer-employee awareness of DeVry and increase enrollment.
- Conducts high-level strategy meetings and quarterly review meetings wherein the partnership is evaluated, measured and if necessary, altered to drive required results.
- Introduces and details new product offerings and product enhancements to stakeholders.
- Fully accountable to DVU results and equally comfortable holding employer accountable to partnership results.
- Develops and manages clear understanding of relationship strategy internally among key group partner groups at the campus/metro level and internal to DeVryWorks and Career Services.
- Maintains a thorough working knowledge of all services offered by clients and awareness of competitors in the education space.
- Assisting in the resolution of major client concerns.
- Can facilitate effective brainstorming meetings, with good judgment of what creative ideas will work, can create an execution plan to achieve those goals, and motivate a dotted line team to execute ideas.
- Conducts executive-level Quarterly meetings with partnerships reviewing client report cards and outline future strategy and growth.
- Understands industry trends and knows how they may affect the DeVryWorks/Client relationship.
- Completes other duties as assigned.
- This role does not have student recruitment responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 3 to 4 years of successful experience in business-to-business account management or sales preferred.
- Prior experience in public sector industry highly preferred.
- Experience creating C-level partnerships between corporate organizations required.
- Highly motivated, self-driven, result-oriented, strategic, logical, and methodical thinker.
- Must be able to inspire loyalty and trust.
- Innovative and adaptable.
- Must be a team player, willing to share and exchange ideas.
- Must be willing to travel 10% or as necessary.
- Strong interest in the education industry preferred.
Base Salary 90-95k
DeVry University offers competitive wages and benefit options, including:
- 401(k) and Roth Plan w/match
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Health Advocacy Service
- Family and Domestic Partner Coverage
- Tax Savings Account (FSA and HSA)
- Short-Term/Long-Term Disability Coverage
- Life, Accident, AD&D, Critical Illness Insurance
- Fertility Coverage
- Wellness Programs
- Volunteer Time Off
- Remote and Flex Work Options
- Technology Stipend
- Paid Tuition Program
- Auto/Homeowners, Pet and Legal Insurance
- Exclusive Discount Programs
- Adoption Assistance
- Career Development Programs
- Mental Health Care Programs
- Paid Parental Leave
- Family Care Services
Benefits vary based on employment status. Part-time/Visiting Professors positions may not be eligible for all benefits.
We believe diversity is essential to our educational mission and to the success of our community. We are committed to fostering a working environment where differences are respected, valued and embraced.
- Job Family DeVryWorks
- Job Function DeVryWorks
- Pay Type Salary