Staff Product Designer
at Tubi – US
San Francisco, CA; Remote
Join Tubi (www.tubi.tv), Fox Corporation’s premium ad-supported video-on-demand (AVOD) streaming service leading the charge in making entertainment accessible to all. With over 200,000 movies and television shows, including a growing library of Tubi Originals, 200+ local and live news and sports channels, and 455 entertainment partners featuring content from every major Hollywood studio, Tubi gives entertainment fans an easy way to discover new content that is available completely free. Tubi’s library has something for every member of our diverse audience, and we’re committed to building a workforce that reflects that diversity. We’re looking for great people who are creative thinkers, self-motivators, and impact-makers looking to help shape the future of streaming.
About the role:
Tubi is building a world-class streaming platform and we are looking for designers to join our fast-growing Product Design team. As a Staff Product Designer, you will be responsible for delivering highly crafted user experiences that meet our business objectives and customer needs, by partnering with cross-functional teams across the company.
In this role, you will own the end-to-end product design (UX, UI, prototyping) of multiple features across one or more product areas. You will deliver both tactical and strategic design solutions and will help drive the vision and strategy for that product area. You will be in charge of creating best in class design experiences that are innovative and efficient, and you will collaborate closely with Research to generate insights and with Product and Engineering to build out the best possible solution.
We’re seeking a candidate who is knowledgeable in every step of product development, from brainstorming, conducting workshops, and influencing strategy – to ensuring design quality through implementation and launch. In this role, you’ll also be helping to set the standard for high-quality craft across the team through both your active role and as a mentor to other designers on the team.
- Partner with Research, Product, and Engineering to identify, prioritize, and scope product opportunities
- Generate user flows, prototypes, and other design artifacts that help communicate your solution hypothesis
- Collaborate with Research and Data Science to generate insights and use data to measure the impact of your design decisions
- Garner approval from cross-functional stakeholders, manage and incorporate feedback, and drive towards consensus
- Craft elegant and scalable design solutions across web, mobile and OTT platforms, that are aligned with best practices and fully compliant with engineering and accessibility requirements
- Work autonomously to identify new opportunities and build on top of existing investments
- Problem solve, think big, and explore divergent concepts/ideas while understanding how to converge and build iteratively towards your vision
- Plan strategically and think tactically as a partner to Product and Engineering to help shape the future of our experiences
- Influence the product by leveraging research and data, while executing design work through high-quality wireframes, mockups, user journeys, and cross-platform interactive prototypes
- Create a unified, end-to-end experience through close collaboration with team members and functions across Tubi
- Advocate, mentor, and educate on the benefits of design thinking to cross-functional teams and junior designers alike; partnering with UX team members to uphold Tubi principles and standards
- A portfolio that demonstrates exceptional design and prototyping skills, attention to detail, and the ability to solve complex problems through elegant solutions
- 8+ years of experience in building digital products including TV, web, and mobile
- Prior experience in delivering customer-centered experiences that impact millions of users
- Experience with experiment-driven product development: using data and research methodologies to understand the needs, behaviors, and motivations of users
- Ability to champion collaborative product-making and partnering with multiple teams across multiple organizations
- Excellent communication and storytelling skills (both verbal and written), and ability to present your work to peers and executives
- Proficiency with industry standard design tools like Figma, ProtoPie or equivalent apps
- Familiarity with agile process, asynchronous communication and working with distributed teams
- A great eye for detail, demonstrates creative and innovative problem solving, and possesses some leadership abilities
- Someone who is used to working both independently and in a group setting, with experience designing UI products from conception to completion
Skills that will set you apart:
- Prior experience designing across multiple platforms, OTT included
- Prior motion and animation experience
- Working understanding of web and native platforms technologies (JS, Swift, Java, BrightScript)
- Strong prototyping skills
Pursuant to state and local pay disclosure requirements, the pay range for this role, with final offer amount dependent on education, skills, experience, and location is listed annually below. This role is also eligible for an annual discretionary bonus, and various benefits, including medical/dental/vision, insurance, a 401(k) plan, paid time off, and other benefits in accordance with applicable plan documents.
California, New York City, Westchester County, NY and Seattle, WA
Colorado and Washington (excluding Seattle, WA)
Tubi is a division of Fox Corporation, and the FOX Employee Benefits summarized here, covers the majority of all US employee benefits. The following distinctions below outline the differences between the Tubi and FOX benefits:
- For US-based non-exempt Tubi employees, the FOX Employee Benefits summary accurately captures the Vacation and Sick Time.
- For all US-based employees, Tubi offers 12 paid “Tubi Holidays” in addition to the 10 FOX Corporate Company paid holidays.
- For all salaried/exempt employees, in lieu of the FOX Vacation policy, Tubi offers a Flexible Time off Policy to manage all personal matters.
- For all full-time, regular employees, in lieu of FOX Paid Parental Leave, Tubi offers a generous Parental Leave Program, which allows parents twelve (12) weeks of paid bonding leave within the first year of the birth, adoption, surrogacy, or foster placement of a child. This time is 100% paid through a combination of any applicable state, city, and federal leaves and wage-replacement programs in addition to contributions made by Tubi.
- For all full-time, regular employees, Tubi offers a monthly wellness reimbursement.
Tubi is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, veteran status, medical condition, or disability. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider employment for qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.