Title: Sr Marketing Graphic Designer
About Nerdery and Being a Nerd.
Nerdery is a digital product consultancy. Much more than consultants, we’re allies and guides on our clients’ digital journey helping them to grow their business and delight their customers through intuitive, thoughtfully designed technology. As true partners, we prepare our clients for the opportunities in front of them, help them achieve their goals, and quickly deliver value for their customers. We do this by solving problems in creative ways across strategy, design, and technology.
At Nerdery, we’re not defined by our job titles but by the impact we make. You’ll work directly and closely with some of the world’s best brands to help create innovative digital products that serve everyone. As Nerds, our insight, innovation, and expertise are celebrated, and our growth is not only encouraged but expected. Being a Nerd means stepping up and pushing the boundaries of what’s possible. We’re curious, fearless (well, not totally fearless there are heights and spiders, after all), and always our authentic selves.
We are looking for a Sr Marketing Graphic Designer to join our team! We invite you to check out the details below and consider whether becoming a Nerd is the next step in your career journey.
The primary responsibility of the Senior Marketing Graphic Designer is to create high caliber creative content across a variety of marketing mediums with a specific focus on formatting and executing digital content, SEO optimization, and all updates on Nerdery.com ensuring the site is driving the strategic and engagement goals of Nerdery. Additional responsibilities include using the same skill set to support Nerdery brand identity, improve the quality of online communication tools, including the website, motion graphics, sales portal, sales sheets, and branding elements. Most importantly to offer creative ideas on how we optimize our messaging to drive deeper engagement with prospects and clients.
- Work closely with in-house and contract collaborators with a focus on marketing driven creative development (includes writers, digital marketers, SEO specialists, multimedia and developers)
- Be responsible for a range of marketing deliverables (website design and maintenance, marketing collateral, video, advertising, interactive, pitch support) in a way that is both visually interesting, on brand, and focused on performance marketing
- Maintain the creative content on the brand wordpress website adding new updates, making enhancements to improve ease of use, and working with the developer to implement
- Work with in-house marketing and growth team to optimize the website for high placement in leading search engine organic search on pertinent key word searches
- Design and complete production art for digital marketing, campaigns, social media,
events, communication materials, and other brand elements for required output (print
process, web, internal, etc.)
- Manage and update the Sales Portal with all sales enablement information and materials
- Must have the ability to independently produce multiple projects from inception to
- Build UI/UX wireframes and translate to visual elements
- Use standard HTML/CSS practices to create website layout/user interface
- Work closely with web developers to ensure fidelity to visual design intent
- Remain current on technologies, trends and styles used in the marketing, design and video
- Maintains brand standards and builds asset storage strategy and implementation for all
Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years marketing design experience.
- Ability to manage WordPress design
- Mastery of common creative tools. Adobe Creative Suite, Figma, WordPress CMS content
management, Miro, Google Suite or equivalent
- Strong knowledge of WordPress, HTML/CSS
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Proven working experience in web programming skills and in-depth knowledge of modern HTML/CSS
- Familiarity with WordPress Elementor Pro
- Good understanding of how web applications work including security and session
- Follow responsive design best practices across all device sizes and platforms with attention to pixel perfection.
- Hubspot or experience with equivalent marketing automation tools
- Understanding of SEO best practices
- Experience with GA4 and other analytics tools.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools and development aiding tools
- Strong understanding of user centric principles, usability, accessibility, design, and
- Produce deliverables that are professional, polished, visually appealing, and support best
practices with a minimal amount of oversight
- Skills in design fundamentals such as knowledge of composition, form, shape and color,
- Skillful communication and conversation skills including experience in presenting to and
partnering with internal stakeholders and leadership
- Self-directed, responsible, able to meet deadlines
Are We the Right Fit For You?
The best way to get the scoop on whether Nerdery is the right place for you is to chat with current Nerds. We would be delighted to have a conversation with you and share insight into what it’s really like to work at our organization and if it’s a place where you can thrive. Our interview process will provide you ample opportunity to talk with other team members and assess whether the role is a good fit for your next chapter. Take the first step and apply today our Talent Advocates will then reach out to you to get the ball rolling!