Title: Solutions Engineer II
Location: Remote, USA
Marqeta is on a mission to change the way money moves. We’re one of the earliest enablers of embedded finance, a market opportunity sized up in the trillions. Our card issuing platform provides unprecedented flexibility and control for companies to issue cards, authorize transactions, and manage payment operations in real time. Marqeta is powering the most well known brands in the new economy (Block, Cash App, Affirm, Instacart, Doordash, Uber, Walmart, etc). Today nearly 8 out of 10 Americans use a product powered by Marqeta every week. This is the opportunity of a lifetime to work with innovators around the world and unlock equitable financial access for all.
As a Solutions Engineer II at Marqeta, you will
- Partner with our Business Development and Customer Success teams to help close new revenue opportunities with prospective and existing customers.
- Lead the technical solutions and consulting phases of sales opportunities, serving as the primary point of contact for our customers’ technical teams.
- Have a deep understanding of Marqeta’s technical architecture and product solutions and the ability to present these solutions in a consultative manner aimed at setting up our clients for a sustainable business partnership.
We work Flexible First. This role can be performed remotely anywhere within the United States. We’d love for you to join us!
What You’ll Do:
- Lead Technical Overview and Solution Discovery: Early in the Sales process you’ll present Marqeta’s technical capabilities to our customers’ product and engineering stakeholders as part of the broader vision of a Marqeta solution.
- Designing Solutions: As a deal matures you’ll partner with Solutions Architects, Product Managers and other key internal teams to refine the Marqeta solution best suited to meet the customer’s goals.
- Technical Consulting for Long-term Success: When we close the deal, you’ll be the client’s trusted technical advisor and their bridge to our implementation team. Solutions Engineering is foundational to our clients’ technical success by ensuring they are prepared, properly resourced, and supported with expert technical consulting at the critical early phases of their engagement with us.
- Represent the voice of the customer’: Solutions Engineering is primarily a customer-facing role, but we also play a pivotal role in the development and rollout of new products and services as we are often the first point of contact for our customers’ technical inquiries. You’ll participate in new product release training, assist with beta testing and provide a key link in the feedback loop between clients and our internal product teams.
This role is about generating and closing new opportunities, while playing a key role supporting the Business Development Team – here are a few key expectations:
- Know the Tech: Quickly get up to speed on Marqeta’s technical capabilities, the unique features and customer benefits our platform offers and how to speak with confidence, knowledge and credibility about what we bring to our customers. This is likely to include working with our Product and Technology teams, and serving as a liaison and “voice of our customers” when engaging with them.
- Support the Sales Process: From your first day, you will be expected to work on real customer opportunities through a sales process, from initial engagement to pricing discussions to final contract negotiations. At any given time, you may be supporting as many as 20 – 30 opportunities in various stages of that process.
- Engage with Customer Opportunities: You’re someone who must love working with customers, most frequently, our customers’ developers, product managers, engineers and even business heads. Our BD team will rely on you to ensure the key technical influencers at our customers (and potential customers) deeply understand our technology, what makes it different and better than that of our competitors, and how to quickly get integrated and live.
- Trendspotting: As you engage with customers and our team, we think you’ll have the best vantage point from which to spot key trends, emerging customer needs, and gaps in the market where Marqeta can have an advantage.
What We’re Looking For:
- 5+ years experience in a relevant Technology, Product or Sales Engineering role, ideally in the Payments/Fintech industry
- Knowledge of RESTful APIs and relevant tools and technologies (e.g. JSON, Postman, GraphQL, XML, etc.)
- Ability to ramp quickly with new technologies, adapt to changing circumstances, and apply creative solutions to unprecedented challenges
- Strong customer-facing skills with the ability to lead presentations and technical consulting sessions via video conference
- Ability to prioritize, manage, and deliver on multiple projects simultaneously
- Team-oriented and collaborative
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related area
- Demonstrated strong understanding of fintech (e.g. acquiring, networks, point-of-sale) and payments expertise, especially card issuing and processing
- Experience writing solution summaries (e.g. Technical Statements of Work, Solutions Briefs, etc.) and developing swimlanes or flow diagrams (Lucidchart)
- Experience as a software developer and/or product manager
Recruiter For This Role
[Optional] Typical Process
- Application submission
- Recruiter phone call
- Hiring manager video call
- Virtual Onsite consisting of 4-5, 45 min calls
Compensation and Benefits
- Flexible time off take what you need
- Retirement savings program with company contribution
- Equity in a publicly-traded company and an Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Health insurance premiums paid 100% + coverage for dependents and pets
- Family-forming benefits, fertility support, and up to 20 weeks of Parental Leave
- Free therapy sessions, financial coaching, and legal advice
- Monthly stipend to support our remote work model (#LI-Remote)
Equal Opportunity, Accommodations, and Privacy
Marqeta is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that gives consideration to all qualified applicants, irrespective of any characteristics protected by law. This includes (but is not limited to) race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, color, ancestry, and Veteran status. We consider qualified applicants from all backgrounds, without regard to criminal histories, in accordance with applicable legal requirements.
Our dedication to diversity and inclusion extends beyond the categories above. Review Marqeta’s ESG Report to see that dedication in action. Fostering an environment where everyone feels valued and respected creates a stronger and more innovative team at Marqeta. We celebrate the unique contributions of each individual and empower all members of our organization. Join us in building a company where diversity thrives and everyone can be their authentic selves.
If you require reasonable accommodation for the application process and beyond, please submit this form and we will be more than happy to assist you. Marqeta will make reasonable accommodations for candidates when needed in accordance with applicable law. The Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice applies to the personal data that you directly provide to us or that we collect during the application and candidate recruitment process.