Title: Software Development Engineer in Test
At Bitly, we believe in the power of the link or scan – to start a conversation, build a relationship or grow a business. Our mission is to turn every interaction into a catalyst for connections. It’s what motivates us to help people share, promote and engage everywhere on the Internet. We do this by being relentlessly product-focused, fostering the free-flowing exchange of ideas, and inspiring people around the world to dream up new ways of using Bitly.
Bitly is seeking a motivated and talented Software Development Engineer Test to join our dynamic team. As a Software Development Engineer in Test, you will play a crucial role in ensuring the quality and reliability of our software applications. You will be responsible for developing and executing tests, automating them, and collaborating with the development team to identify and resolve software defects with AC and technical requirements.
What You’ll Do
- Collaborate with developers to investigate, debug, and resolve software defects, ensuring high-quality and reliable software delivery.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams, including product managers and SDETs, to ensure comprehensive test coverage and alignment with product requirements.
- Participate in code reviews, providing feedback on testability, test coverage, and best practices for software quality assurance.
- Contribute to the improvement of the testing framework and infrastructure, focusing on test automation, test data management, and CI/CD pipelines using Jenkins.
- Act as a reliable and proactive team player, promoting a culture of quality and continuous improvement within the software development team.
Who You Are
- Strong understanding of software testing principles, methodologies, and practices.
- Familiarity with Jenkins or other CI/CD tools for continuous integration.
- Knowledge of software QA tools, test design approaches and processes.
- Familiarity with bug tracking systems and version control systems (e.g., Git).
- Good problem-solving and debugging skills, with the ability to analyze complex software systems and identify root causes of issues.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills, with the ability to work effectively within a cross-functional team.
- Eagerness to learn and stay up-to-date with emerging technologies and trends in software testing and quality assurance.
- Experience with API testing using Postman or similar tools.
US Employee Benefits
- Competitive Salary + Stock Options
- Comprehensive and competitive medical, dental, and vision insurance (all LGBT friendly)
- 401k with up to 4% employer match
- One Medical membership: Doctors you can text, call or email 24/7 and receive access to expert insurance guidance
- Wellness reimbursement program
- Partial cell phone service reimbursement
- Voluntary LegalShield for legal services and IDShield for identity theft protection
- Unlimited vacation, personal time, and flexible work from home policies
- Full support for remote work during COVID-19, including a $500 home office and separate WiFi stipend
- Generous parental leave policies; maternity and parental leave for growing families
- Budget for professional development opportunities, including courses and conference attendance
- Snacks, drinks, and weekly catered lunches (when our offices reopen)
- Company sponsored volunteering opportunities (when it is safe to do so)
US applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
*** Must live in or be willing to relocate to one of the following states to be eligible for hire: Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Illinois, Louisiana, New York, New Jersey, Massachusetts, Michigan, North Carolina, Texas, Vermont, Virginia, Washington ***
If you are based in California, we encourage you to read this important information for California residents linked here. (https://bitly.is/CPRACandidates)
The annual cash compensation range for this position is below. Final compensation will be determined based on experience and skills and may vary from the range listed.
- Be a Catalyst. As an innovative technology company, we build our products to be a catalyst for connection and encourage our team to be catalysts for meaningful impact both at work and in the world
- Take Ownership. In our highly collaborative culture, Individual accountability is critical. We depend on each other to solve our customers’ most challenging problems and celebrate the wins together
- Champion Diversity, Equity & Inclusion. Our product connects people of all backgrounds and abilities. And our company is built on the belief that our differences make us better and that everyone deserves the opportunity in which to thrive
- Show Integrity. We don’t cut corners. We don’t look for the easy way out. We approach every day with a shared mindset – let’s do the right thing, even if it’s the harder thing
- Have Fun. Whether your time is here is as short as a Bitly link or as long as the links your grandma sends you, we want your experience at Bitly to be fun and memorable. We hope the connections you make here last a lifetime
In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination/harassment based on protected categories, Bitly also strives to prevent other, subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (e.g., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at Bitly.