Social Media Manager
at Misfits Market (View all jobs)
About Misfits Market:
Misfits Market is a mission-driven, high-growth startup dedicated to reducing food waste and making shopping for sustainable, high-quality groceries easier and more affordable. We deliver organic produce, high-quality meats and seafood, plant-based proteins, dairy, bakery, wine, and other grocery items to nearly every zip code in 48 states at up to 30 percent off traditional grocery store prices. In 2022, Misfits Market acquired sustainable e-grocer Imperfect Foods and now leverages its in-house transportation network to deliver directly to consumers with one of the most carbon-efficient grocery delivery models on the market. By tackling inefficiencies in the food system, our passionate and motivated team of problem solvers helps save an average of 500,000 pounds of food per week from waste or lesser outcomes, with an all-time savings of 190+ million pounds of food.
About the Role:
Misfits Market is seeking a savvy social media professional with an interest in content creation to engage and grow Misfits Markets community across all social media channels. Were looking for someone to support and strengthen our social media strategy, and deliver social campaigns that drive brand awareness, customer acquisition, and retention.
The Misfits Market Marketing Team represents the implementation of our external communications strategy. This role reports into the Content Strategy Director and will work closely with our Creative Team, specifically our Video Director.
- You have a deep knowledge and familiarity with all social media platforms, including but not limited to Instagram, TikTok, Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest (bonus: LinkedIn)
- Experience in content creation, digital marketing, and community engagement
- Familiarity with filming yourself, and a comfort level with being an on-screen talent, with an eagerness and enthusiasm to embody Misfits Markets mission and brand goals
- 2-4 years experience managing social media channels for a D2C brand preferred
- Knowledge of performance marketing goals and principles, and experience working with Paid Marketing Teams is a plus
- Some experience with project management platforms (such as Asana) and collaborative product design tools like Figma
- A dynamic team player and a creative, an out-of-the-box thinker.
- Someone who lives and breathes social media. Youre the first person to know about ongoing and emerging trends across all social media platforms, and you understand when it makes sense to leverage them to genuinely connect with audiences. You understand the power of social media and a desire to deliver delightful brand experiences across platforms.
- You possess a deep understanding of best practices on Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, TikTok, Twitter, and other emerging social media platforms.
- Passionate about food, sustainability, and Misfits Markets impact on the world.
- Unashamed and delighted to film yourself and be on camera.
- Flexible by nature. You thrive in uncertain environments and can act decisively when priorities shift quickly. You can be the bridge from inspiration to execution.
- Support the Content Strategy Director in honing Misfits Markets social media strategy
- Schedule and post all organic social media content (static and video) to all platforms, including but not limited to Instagram, Facebook, TikTok, and Pinterest
- Ensure that all social media posts are accurate and meet our Brand standards, from copy to creative
- Optimize Misfits Markets organic social media efforts against awareness and conversion KPIs
- Work closely with the Social Community Specialist on community building and engagement strategies
- Collaborate closely with the Video Director in ideating, filming, and optimizing video content to be posted across social platforms
- Participate in team meetings and presentations, contributing ideas, and having a say in the companys big picture creative marketing strategies
- Define, report, and analyze metrics to formulate measurable insights to guide and optimize social media strategy
Details of Position & Benefits:
- Annual salary $75k/yr
- Full-time exempt position
- 100 % Remote Work
- Salary and employee stock options commensurate with experience
- Unlimited PTO
- Multiple health, dental, and vision plan options
- Life Insurance
- 401K plan