Social Media Manager
When a brand comments, tweets, and messages on social media, can you see yourself as the “face behind the brand”? Have you found yourself as the “voice” of a community in your past leadership experiences?
If you’re thinking yes, then you might be fit to be a Social Media Manager! A Social Media Manager (SMM) at Likeable Media works across multiple client brands and helps put our award-winning content in front of their eyes. They serve as the primary front-line communications for our clients’ customers and make their experiences memorable online.
An ideal candidate can easily adjust between different brand tones, is a quick problem solver, and is very detailed oriented. SMM can also be very fun, so someone who’s creative and has a sense of humor is also a plus!
Roles and Responsibilities:
Social media is an ever-changing field, so although you will have some routine responsibilities, your role is going to require you to adapt slightly every now and then.
However, this list should give you a good idea of what your day-to-day obligations will be:
- Create and extend client brand voice across social channels by posting content on sites including (but not limited to): Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, Snapchat, and Pinterest through both proactive and reactive content
- Respond reactively and engage proactively on behalf of clients social channels during established community management hours ensuring brand voice and a high level of responsiveness is maintained
- Work with clients and Account Manager to develop and implement an escalation process for priority posts as well as build a plan for crisis management across social channels
- Manage a team of Community Managers to ensure their success and a seamless management of client communities during community management hours
- Prepare community data and post insights to be utilized by Account Manager in monthly reports
- Monitor trends, hashtags, emerging technology and current events to seek out and spearhead opportunities for our clients to engage with popular conversations; leading efforts within the client team to produce real time content
- Share insights from the community to help inform the team’s strategic, creative and paid decision-making
- Identify appropriate influencer talent and engage with them, as appropriate, to amplify brand messaging
- Bachelor’s Degree, in marketing or a related field preferred
- 1 – 2 years of relevant experience
- Social media experience, particularly in community management function
- Experience working with community management tools including Sprinklr, Sprout Social, Spreadfast, etc.
- a knack for problem solving
- a strong attention to detail
- amazing interpersonal communication skills
- the desire to implement creative thoughts
- the ability to think on your feet
- a strong desire to work with a team
- a chameleon-like personality
- trustworthy, responsible and committed to following through
- proficiency in a Spanish is ideal
Generous vacation policy, comprehensive healthcare plans, and amazing company culture!
Likeable is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices.
For applicants in NY & NJ, the salary range is $63,000 – $65,000 per year. A candidate’s salary is determined by various factors including, but not limited to, relevant work experience, skills, and certifications. The salary range may differ in other states.