Social Media Editor (Freelance)
Do you have strong feelings about the Oxford comma?
Do you love the idea of working with a talented team to create best-in-class content for clients?
If so, you should join us in creating content that shapes culture.
Foundation is a digital content marketing agency with a focus on planning, creating, and distributing content for B2B brands. We work with software companies that are redefining business in their industry along with ambitious B2B brands growing faster than ever. Our team operates 100% remotely, and we’re obsessed with growth.
We run a lean B2B content-driven machine. We own and manage multiple brands. We develop content that goes on to be seen by millions. We collaborate with some of the brightest in the industry. We have clients from around the world. And we’re just getting started.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
The candidate’s primary responsibility will be editing social media content on deadline to ensure it complies with relevant style guides and platform best practices, aligns with the intended goals, is free of grammatical and spelling errors, and generally makes for engaging content. Tasks will include:
- Editing short-form social content (Tweets, Threads, Linkedin posts, Instagram captions, etc.) for content, style, voice, grammar, clarity, readability, originality, engagement and social media platform best practices.
- Providing editorial guidance on key elements of posts like how to craft a X (Twitter) hook, write the best CTA at the end of a post, and consult on graphic selection that goes with a social media post with consideration for engagement.
- Helping develop and review templates, social media guides, and other internal documents.
- Helping develop and maintain a consistent brand tone, image, and style online, for Foundation content and client content.
- Working with graphic designers, copywriters, content creators, and influencers to create engaging social content.
- Offering constructive feedback to writers.
- Collaborating with content writers, project managers, account managers, strategists, distribution specialists, freelance writers, and a wide variety of client contacts to ensure content meets expectations and deadlines.
- Keeping abreast of industry and consumer trends, advancements in technology, and new social media platforms and tools.
WHAT SKILLS YOU’LL NEED TO DO THE JOB:
- Minimum 3 years of content editing experience.
- Mastery of US/Canadian English.
- Strong experience with major social media platforms, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, Snapchat, and YouTube.
- The ability to keep up with industry trends and new social networks.
- Near-perfect grammar, punctuation, and spelling.
- Close attention to detail and the ability to provide constructive and actionable feedback.
- Able to edit content about a variety of topics, even some you haven’t worked with before.
- Experience with content about marketing, business, SaaS, or technology companies.
- Willingness to share writing/editing samples and complete a (paid) test project, if needed.
- Experience using the Google Drive suite (Docs, Slides, Sheets) and project management platforms such as ClickUp, Monday, or Asana is advantageous.
- Strong design knowledge and proficiency in design tools such as Photoshop and Canva is advantageous.
WHAT CHARACTERISTICS THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL NEED:
- The ability to work on several projects with different objectives simultaneously.
- Excellent communication skills (especially written).
- Eager to learn with a growth mindset.
- Experience working under pressure and adapting to changing priorities.
- Strong communication and persuading skills, as well as customer service-oriented.
- High energy & curious by nature.
- Interest in media as a whole and the role the internet has on culture.
- Effective analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Assertive interpersonal skills, with the ability to form productive working relationships.
- We’re a remote team, so it’s important that you’re well-organized and can manage your own schedule.