Social Media Associate
Location: Remote United States
Reports To: Director, Internal/External Communications
J.D. Power is a global leader in consumer insights, advisory services and data and analytics. A pioneer in the use of big data, artificial intelligence (AI) and algorithmic modeling capabilities to understand consumer behavior, J.D. Power has been delivering incisive industry intelligence on customer interactions with brands and products for more than 50 years. The world’s leading businesses across major industries rely on J.D. Power to guide their customer-facing strategies.
The right candidate will be capable of creating compelling social media content; monitor and analyze social media metrics; and leverage the latest in social media tools and trends to drive growth and customer relations
The Impact You Will Have in This Role:
This role aims to fortify marketing initiatives, ensure a robust online reputation and spread the word about J.D. Power to digital audiences.
What You’ll Be Doing in This Role:
- Implement ad management strategies across paid digital channels, including Google Ads, LinkedIn Ads, and Facebook Ads, to optimize reach and ROI.
- Sync with diverse teams across the company, including creative, product marketing, sales, HR and research, to receive social media assets and content.
- Manage the employee advocacy program, by educating and training employees on social media best practices.
- Maintain and grow our social media presence by curating and distributing engaging, relevant content.
- Oversee social media content calendar, ensuring all content has been shared in a timely manner.
- Manage brand reputation by actively tracking online brand mentions and responding to consumers and clients with tact and diplomacy.
- Manage podcast operations, including the uploading of episodes to SoundCloud and YouTube, and enhancing listener engagement.
- Monitor trends in social media tools, applications, channels, design, and strategy to apply best practices and innovative techniques.
- Analyze social metrics, compile reports, and deliver insights to support marketing strategies and campaign development.
Qualifications of this Role:
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, journalism or a related field.
- Minimum of 2 years of extensive social media marketing experience.
- Demonstrated proficiency with new social media channels such as Instagram Reels, YouTube Shorts, and TikTok.
- Experience with podcast management and digital media uploading, via SoundCloud and YouTube.
- Experience with photo and video editing tools, such as Adobe Creative Cloud Suite, Canva or CapCut.
- Proficiency in managing ad campaigns on platforms like Google Ads, LinkedIn Ads and Facebook Ads.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills with an ability to translate data into actionable insights.
- Proven ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks in a high-energy, fast-paced environment.
- Preferred candidate will be someone with a mastery in using various social media management tools and software; have strong initiative and leadership qualities (with a knack for driving projects to completion); and have a high degree of creativity, independence and results-driven attitude.
The Hiring Manager says:
Along with the requisite skills, I’m looking for a capable young professional who is enthusiastic, engaging and self-motivated.
The Way We Work:
- Leader Led
- Remote First
- Foster Flexibility
- Reward Performance
- Time Off Matters
Should you require accommodations during the recruitment and selection process, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.