Title: Social Media and Content Senior Associate
Location: US National
What is Cat Person?
Cat Person is a new DTC (direct-to-consumer) brand shaking up the $75B pet industry by bringing respect, love and innovation to a long overlooked and underserved category: cat care. We started Cat Person because we saw a real need: thoughtfully designed food and goods made just for cats and the people who love them.
Launched in March 2020, and born out of Harry’s Labs, the innovation arm of Harry’s Inc., Cat Person offers a line of essentials to help cat parents better care for their cats, including food, treats, furniture and toys. A design-forward brand, we consider both the cat’s and the cat person’s needs in everything we make and do. It’s all part of our mission: to make life with cats even more awesome than it already is.
Though small, our vision is grand. We aren’t just here to revolutionize cat care for the millions of cat parents in the US; we’re redefining what it means to be a cat person in culture today. Every role at Cat Person plays a part in redefining cat persons for the modern era.
About the Role
Cat Peron’s Social Media & Content Associate will create perpetually fresh content that educates and entertains the Cat Person community and brings even more cat parents into our world. 80% content creator and 10% designer, this role will be in charge of interpreting social trends, creating new ones, and working within branded design templates when needed. (You’ll surprise us with the other 10%.) This is a unique opportunity to be in-house, helping to build a consumer brand from the ground up.
The ideal candidate is first and foremost, passionate about cats. They are the first to know when a moment like the Zoom call with the Lawyer-cat happens or what is going on on cattok. They are a social media expert, ingrained in trends and culture, quick-witted and able to act on emerging conversations and cultural moments on behalf of the brand.
This role reports to the Head of Communications and Creative.
What you will accomplish:
- You will work with the Social Media Manager to execute the social strategy in focused and purposeful ways.
- Support growth efforts when needed. This could mean creating content that could also work as a paid social ad or working with the lead designer to update existing design templates for emails or landing pages.
- You will pitch entertaining, relatable, and educational Cat Person content ideas for social channels.
- Then you’ll bring those ideas to life! Film and edit content in your home and in the office. Or at your local cat cafe. Or at your friend’s house who also has a cat. Or at a cat adoption event. Or inside of photoshop on your computer.
- You’ll stay on top of culture to create content natively and/or brainstorm timely stories with the team that drive attention for Cat Person and reinforce the brand POV.
This should describe you:
- You are a cat person. You’re passionate about cats and actively create and interact with cat content, culture and the community in social or out in the world. (You may even have social accounts for your own cat).
- You’re a creator. You have experience creating social media content for brands. You know how to capture content natively within apps like Instagram and TikTok and are familiar with the specifications and nuances of social assets.
- You have strong creative concepting and pitching skills. You have great ideas and you can get us excited about them.
- You are confident! You’re comfortable being on camera. Star power welcome.
- Excellent people skills. You’re a full time collaborator.
- 100% game to get their hands dirty and hustle to build something (no task to small mentality)
- Able to thrive in fast-paced environments where you can move fast and adapt quickly
- You are able to spot trends and creatively think outside of the box to capitalize on them in line with the brand and our consumer audience.
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of social channels (Instagram, TikTok, YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, Pinterest, Giphy, etc.),
- Proficiency with a range of Adobe Creative Suite products (Photoshop, Illustrator)
Here’s who you’ll will work with:
Benefits and perks
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- 401k match
- Equity in Harry’s
- Unlimited PTO and flexible working hours
- Wellness and L&D stipends
- One month sabbatical after 5 years
- 16 weeks parental leave
- Fun IRL and virtual events including happy hours, team building events, and parties on our rooftop
- Free products from all of our brands