Social Media and Communications Specialist
- $45000 per year Salary
Reporting to the Marketing and Communication Director, the Social Media and Communications Specialist will support ACE’s public engagement on our social media platforms (TikTok, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, and LinkedIn) and support marketing and outreach activities as part of ACE’s recruitment strategy. A successful candidate will help build relationships with diverse communities of people interested in learning more about conservation work and help market the ACE experience through all social media accounts. This role plays in integral part of ACE’s overall internal and external communications strategy and implementation. Additionally, the candidate will use marketing strategies that align with ACE’s core values: Quality, Inclusion, Professional Development, Stewardship, and Partner Immersion.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities
- Creates, writes, and posts engaging social media content, including videos, for ACE social media platforms to support the organization’s marketing strategy.
- Acts as the voice of the brand and engages with followers and other targeted audiences and responds to questions and comments in a timely manner.
- Defines and measures KPIs for all social media activity and provides monthly reporting.
- Stays up to date with latest social media best practices and technologies and utilizes scheduling tools such as Loomly.
- Develops and runs paid social media advertising campaigns in support of ACE divisions’ talent acquisition needs and promoting the overall ACE brand.
- Enhance engagement with potential candidates through social media platforms.
- Ensure division-level social media content adheres to brand guidelines and offer support as needed
- Brings new and big ideas to the table with a digital/ social first mindset, as well as collaboratively build on others’ concepts to deliver ACE engagement.
- Assist with marketing and communications outreach to ACE alumni members to increase engagement and other identified target audiences.
- Provide support to division staff in creating marketing materials such as flyers and digital images on an as needed basis.
- Connect with ACE’s multiple divisions to collect member stories, testimonials, and other important content to incorporate into the organization’s communications material.
- Remains cognizant of, and adheres to, ACE policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned in support of ACE’s marketing and communications strategy.
Experience and Qualifications
- BA/BS degree in Education, Journalism, Communications, Marketing, Non-profit or related area of study OR related experience.
- At least three (3) years of practical communications and/or marketing experience with at least two (2) years of social media experience.
- Has a vision and passion for building and implementing change.
- Has the ability to build and maintain relationships with diverse communities through marketing and social media.
- Excellent command of best practices and trends in social media marketing, experience in creating compelling content and understanding how to both build and convert a digital audience.
- Experience using social media management and scheduling platforms and design programs such as Canva.
- Has a balance between strategic thinking, execution, and embracing a collaborative approach.
- Is a self-starter who proactively seeks solutions and engagement, has a passion to advance the organization’s reach.
- Familiar with SEO best practices.
- Strong time management skills: ability to handle multiple priorities and deadlines
- Simultaneously and effectively independently or on a team and is well-suited for a remote team environment.
- Eager to learn and take on new and varied responsibilities.
- Strong and effective communication skills, with the ability to clearly and concisely express ideas verbally and in writing.
- Must possess high initiative and be detail oriented.
- Ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions.
- Ability to work well with others and to seek assistance when needed to carry out assignments.
- Flexibility, adaptability, and capacity to work in a fluid, changing work environment.
- Ability to prepare and maintain records and reports.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- Valid driver’s license and an insurable driving record.
- Proficient in English.
- Ability to pass a federal criminal background check.
- Willing to abide by ACE Policy and Federal Drug-Free workplace policies and laws. ACE reserves the right to a drug test at any time.
- Travel: This position may require some domestic travel.
What’s in it for you?
- True working flexibility from wherever you are within the continental United States of America. ACE staff work from home, one of our regional offices, or a combination of both.
- ACE promotes a friendly and supportive environment where people love what they do.
- Generous leave policy with all employees receiving an additional paid week off in December, on top of accrued vacation benefits.
- Access to a company 403b retirement account.
- A role at a fast-growing, mission-focused organization.
- The opportunity to make a big impact and bring new, innovative, and creative approaches to the table.
Annualized salary of $45,000 (40 hours/week for 52 weeks)
ACE offers competitive medical and ancillary plans (health, mental health, dental, vision, and other supplemental benefits). ACE Staff members are also eligible to participate in ACE’s 403b retirement plan with a 1% employer contribution.
Holidays, Vacation, and Sick Time
As an ACE staff member, you will be eligible to accrue up to 80 hours of paid vacation time annually during your first two years of continuous employment, then it increases to 120 hours annually. ACE observes 13 paid annual holidays (floating holiday flexibility). Additionally, ACE full-time regular employees also receive additional paid holiday time for normal work days that fall between the observed Christmas Day and New Year’s Day holidays. ACE annually provides 10 days (or 80 hours) of paid sick time.