Senior Software Engineer
Paycor empowers leaders to develop winning teams. Our Human Capital Management (HCM) software modernizes every aspect of People Management from the way you recruit, onboard, develop, pay, and retain employees. Best of all? Our team is growing, and there’s never been a better time to join! If you love to Think Big, Dream Big, Compete to Win, and thrive in a fast-paced environment, we want to hear from you!
Do some people consider you an expert in application and database design? Do you stay on the cutting edge of technology? As a Senior Software Engineer in our Agile environment, your team will rely heavily on your serious coding skills and technical expertise. Your primary role includes system analysis, design, coding, testing, debugging, documenting, and installing portions of new systems and modification of existing systems. You will lead analysis activity and do high level architecture for an app feature. Your role is critical and we need you to bring energy to the team. Innovation is key for us and you’ll be expected to influence your team with new technology tools and ideas. Also, because we are Agile, there will be times that you will be expected to step beyond traditional engineering duties to reach your teams definition of done.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Code and design new applications based upon detail specifications of business and user requirements.
- Lead the design and create documentation of solutions.
- High level architecture and analysis.
- Trouble shoot and make changes to prevent recurrence by modifying existing code and faulty files, writing and running special programs.
- Document new applications, or the changes made to existing applications.
- Participate in unit, integration, and business acceptance testing of the applications.
- Perform code reviews to ensure compliance of standards and quality.
- Troubleshoot application and system issues.
- Do whatever is necessary to get to your team’s definition of done.
- Research, experiment and recommend emerging technologies.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Bachelor’s in computer science, computer engineering or related field and 4+ years of experience or a Masters and 2+ years of experience in a related field
- 2+ years of experience with SQL, Oracle or MySQL
- Expertise in relational database concepts
- Strong expertise in data storage technologies such as: Entity Framework, SQL, Oracle, MySQL, NoSQL (Hadoop, Mongo)
- 1+ years of experience with Cloud technologies (Azure, AWS etc.)
- 4+ years of Web Service development
- Strong experience with patterns such as: REST, WCF and/or SOAP, Node.JS
- 4+ years building Web Applications
- Strong expertise in multiple front end frameworks (ASP.Net MVC or WebForms, Angular, React, ember, Knockout.JS
- 2+ years of experience building automated unit tests utilizing frameworks like MS Test
- Strong understanding of unit testing concepts and frameworks
- Ability to be self-directed
- Some experience in an Agile environment
- Participation and familiarity with open source projects
Paycor Total Rewards
We are proud to provide best-in-class benefits delivering a personal and professional experience that meets you where it matters most – the well-being of you and your loved ones.
- A flexible virtual-first work philosophy
- An initial equity award in Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) for all new Associates and on-going award opportunities to participate in the value created through Paycor’s growth
- 401(k) with $.65 match for every dollar contributed up to 6% of eligible pay
- Generous paid time off in addition to 10 paid holidays (including YOUR Holiday to celebrate a day or holiday you hold special)
- Three medical plan options including a $0 cost option and travel & lodging support to ensure access to medical care
- Paid leave for birth parents, non-birth parents, elder caregivers, and military support
- Sabbatical opportunities for tenured Associates
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan, which enables you to buy PYCR stock at a 15% discount
- Inclusive and accessible Employee Assistance Program (EAP) to help with everyday challenges
We also offer competitive compensation determined by each individual’s relevant experience, skills, and education. We anticipate the base pay for this position to be between $74,380-126,984. In addition to base pay, Paycor Associates are eligible for either a performance-based annual bonus or commission, depending on their position. If your desired salary falls outside of these rates, we hope you’ll still apply as there may be other positions that better align.