Title: Senior Program Manager
Location: United States, Remote
Able is a digital product design and development studio. We work with entrepreneurs and nonprofit innovators to unlock the potential of their vision, fast. Our teams consist of exceptional Product Designers, Software Engineers, Product Managers, and all-around company builders. We focus on creating small teams that work closely with partners (our term for clients ) to start, accelerate, and grow business using technology. Our teams are capable of addressing every stage of the product life cycle including product strategy, research, design, and engineering.
Able is seeking a Senior Program Manager to join our growing team. As a Senior Program Manager, you are partner obsessed and passionate about bringing disciplines together. You are an active listener, who will collaborate with cross-functional teams to execute an effective project process. For each program, you will work closely with our partners, learn about their business priorities and user needs, work with them to define the problems, and collaborate with our engineering and product team to define and build impactful solutions.
Reporting to the Sr Director | Program Management, you will bring your advanced knowledge of agile and lean practices sharing your passion to keep up with evolving practices as a way to constantly improve delivery. You will be able to anticipate and address risks, blockers, and other potential roadblocks in advance, delivering partner excellence.
We are looking for someone who likes:
- Working in a fast-paced environment and can handle multiple simultaneous deadlines
- Creating collaborative partnerships. You align Able’s needs with partner needs and maintain the relationship to provide an excellent level of service to our partners, from staff-level engineers and project managers to business and technology executives
- Helping launch and scale our partners’ digital products. Learning new skills and constantly looking for ways of optimizing your own performance.
- Working closely with engineers, product teams, and partners to shape and ship effective solutions managing schedule, team resources, scope, risk, and cost across project life cycles.
- Discovering opportunities to improve the workflow of daily tasks and led efforts to drive improvements in team efficiency
- Using data-driven insights. Have strong data analysis skills and know-how to appropriately evaluate metrics for informed decision-making.
- Coaching and providing help to other team members to ensure everyone’s unblocked to perform their responsibilities.
- Solving problems. Each step in planning and executing a project usually requires some problem-solving. Outstanding Program Managers are creative thinkers with excellent problem-solving abilities.
What we do
As a Senior Program Manager, some of the duties and responsibilities include:
- Engage with partners to understand/develop/articulate business requirements.
- Develop and own all documentation capturing business and functional requirements.
- Develop business and functional product knowledge and expertise to complement product engineering and design.
- Influence and steer decisions related to Product Strategy/Design based on market and customer requirements.
- Assist with product planning and execution throughout the product life cycle.
- Manage the requirements backlog.
- Evangelize Agile, Lean, and Continuous Development best practices
- Build strong and aligned program teams to efficiently deliver on shared goals.
- Collaborate with Engineering and business owners to define program requirements, set priorities, and establish scope, including the roadmap and long-term strategy of the teams we are partnering with.
- Manage cross-functional dependencies, risks, and changes effectively by optimizing scope, schedule, and resources accordingly.
- Develop and own communication plans to effectively and proactively communicate program status, issues, and risks to stakeholders.
- Partner with cross-functional teams to drive technical analysis, design, development, testing, implementation, and post-implementation phases.
- Define and track key metrics and key quality and performance indicators and drive cross-functional execution of program deliverables.
- Proactively identify and analyze complex, long-term, critical infrastructure problems with engineering leaders and stakeholders.
- Influence product decisions to align with higher company initiatives.
- Drive internal and external process improvements across multiple teams and functions including reducing manual efforts through automation.
What we’re looking for
We want to work with people who have a passion for collaborating with their teams to develop and manage all program plans. Someone who feels comfortable managing multiple time-sensitive partner projects throughout all phases of the development life cycle.
Ideally, they would have:
- At least 10 years as a program and project manager at a digital agency or growth-stage technology company
- Experience overseeing multiple projects on a larger scale within a particular account
- Experience setting and maintaining standards for program management across work groups
- Experience managing a team of project managers for specific workstreams.
- Experience in software project management involving embedded, real-time software for consumer electronic products
- Experience collaborating with software engineers or equivalent working with digital products
- Deep knowledge of all phases of the Software Development Lifecycle
- Experience in health care is considered a plus
- Ability to manage complex client relationships, manage expectations and navigate the client landscape
- The ability to translate complex business problems by collaborating with technical teams to build project plans and product specifications through collaboration and project management tools
- Legal entitlement to work in the U.S
This position is 100% remote within the United States
Minimal travel may be required within the United States
The salary range for this position is $170,000 to $190,000 USD.
Salary offered will take into consideration the actual salary ranges for current employees, the candidate’s depth of experience and qualifications, the level of specialization the role requires, budgetary considerations, the market demand for the role and the local market conditions that exist where the employee will be based.
- Put People First: We’re caring, open, and encouraging. We respect the richness that we each bring into our work.
- Imagine Better: We are optimistic in our outlook, as well as creative and proactive to deliver the highest quality.
- Expect Excellence: We commit to each other to always strive to be our best.
- Simplify to Solve: We create better outcomes by reducing complexity.
- We are all Builders: We are motivated and empowered to help build Able, and our partner’s businesses.
- One Able. Many Voices: Our unity is our strength. Our diversity is our energy.