Senior Manager, Talent Attraction
Who We Are
We’re a cast of characters working to shine a spotlight on anime. Crunchyroll is an international business focused on creating both online and offline experiences for fans through content (licensed, co-produced, originals, distribution), merchandise, events, gaming, news, and more. Visit our About Us pages for more information about our collection of brands.
Location: San Francisco, Los Angeles, Dallas, or Remote
About the Team:
We are responsible for supporting Crunchyroll’s growth by attracting, engaging, and hiring high-quality talent, and building diverse & diverse & inclusive teams, within the timelines needed to support global scale. We do so by
- Delivering relevant programs and processes that are aligned with our business goals and needs–Our approach is designed to consistently hire high-performing talent. We build simple and scalable recruiting processes. We leverage data to define & manage results and improve processes, candidate experience & hiring decisions.
- Providing hiring and candidate experiences that we are proud to stand behind–we develop Manager capabilities to be best-in–class at assessing and hiring talent through training and partnership. We emphasize diversity and inclusion in our approach to recruiting and talent attraction and engagement. We build a strong employment brand and employee value proposition.
- Embodying Global Thinking–We deliver accessible tools, resources and systems that work for us and the way we hire, everywhere. We develop cohesive Recruiting programs that span around the globe.
Crunchyroll is seeking a Senior Manager, Talent Attraction to help us grow business verticals and lead our Business Talent Attraction team. This role will report to the VP of Talent Attraction & People Analytics. We’re looking for individuals who can drive and manage an efficient yet quality recruiting process and be a strategic partner to our hiring leaders. You will be a hands-on leader, having experience owning a pipeline and reporting out on your team’s success. You operate with a sense of urgency and integrity while embodying a humble no-ego mindset. You love to develop teams and help Recruiters develop. Working closely with internal stakeholders, you will be critical to creating a seamless recruiting experience for our business organization.
- You possess 8+ years of hands-on recruiting experience, preferably in high-growth and quickly scaling organizations.
- You possess 5+ years of managerial or team lead experience overseeing recruiting and/or sourcing disciplines.
- You have deep experience in sourcing discipline and have prior experience building a sourcing discipline from scratch.
- You have led global teams and managed a global client base
- You are data driven in your approach and seek to leverage metrics to inform progress to hiring goals
- You have a proven track record of building trusting relationships with senior hiring leaders
- You deliver outstanding candidate and client service, negotiation, and closing skills
- Ability to multitask, take initiative, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- Prior experience with Greenhouse would be awesome! Or similar ATS software experience
A Day In The Life
- Inspire a Recruiting team to deliver high-quality recruiting practices
- Be part of the Talent Attraction Leadership team to build, evolve and improve recruiting appraoch and practices that enable us to consistently attract and hire quality candidates.
- Coach and lead your team to build and improve capabilities in candidate negotiations, sourcing and closing.
- Establish and maintain meaningful relationships across hiring leaders, candidates, and key cross-functional stakeholders internally (e.g. HRBPs, People Operations, L&D, Talent Brand).
- Be a key player to develop our global sourcing function across both tech and non-tech recruiting.
- Stay on top of global hiring trends to ensure we engage the right talent when and where we need them
- Educate hiring leaders on recruiting best-practices to help develop their capabilities in excellent at assessing talent
- Develop trusting relationships with your team and hiring managers to understand their needs and help them meet their business & professional goals.
- Engage directly on senior level hiring (VP+) within the groups you support.
- Lead and engage with executive recruiting agencies as needed.
- Hire, onboard, mentor and grow recruiters to build inclusion and accountability across the organization.
- Competitive salary
- “Use What You Need” time away from work policy
- Medical, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, and life insurance
- Health care and dependent care FSA
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Support program for new parents
- Fun, passionate and skilled co-workers
Questions about Crunchyroll’s hiring process? Please check out our FAQ
Please beware of recent scams to online job seekers. Those applying to our job openings will only be contacted directly from @crunchyroll.com email accounts. If you have any questions of the authenticity of a Crunchyroll job offer, please contact: before giving away any information.
Crunchyroll connects anime and manga fans across 200+ countries and territories with the content and experiences they love. In addition to free ad-supported and subscription premium content, Crunchyroll serves the anime community across events, theatrical, games, consumer products, collectibles and manga publishing.
Anime fans have access to one of the largest collections of licensed anime through Crunchyroll and translated in multiple languages for viewers worldwide. Viewers can also access simulcasts — top series available immediately after Japanese broadcast.
The Crunchyroll app is available on over 15 platforms, including all gaming consoles.
Crunchyroll, LLC is an independently operated joint venture between US-based Sony Pictures Entertainment, and Japan’s Aniplex, a subsidiary of Sony Music Entertainment (Japan) Inc., both subsidiaries of Tokyo-based Sony Group Corporation.
Our Company Values
You’ll see these in action if we’re lucky enough to have you:
- Courage – When we overcome fear, we enable our best selves.
- Curiosity – We are curious, which is the gateway to empathy, inclusion, and understanding.
- Service – We serve our community with humility, enabling joy and belonging for others.
- Kaizen – We have a growth mindset committed to constant forward progress.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Crunchyroll. Pursuant to applicable law, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.