Senior Manager, Software Engineering
(Remote – US)
UNITED STATES – REMOTE
ENGINEERING – SOFTWARE ENGINEERING
Are you ready for a new way of working? Automox is launching organizations into the future with cloud-native IT operations. By ditching clunky legacy tools and automating soul-crushing manual tasks, IT admins can get back to more exciting, strategic work. Behind our effortlessly modern platform is a group of builders, innovators, and entrepreneurial thinkers breaking the status quo–and having a lot of fun doing it. Our award winning culture, values, and community are shaped by real people doing really extraordinary work.
Ditch your daily commute, say goodbye to the typical nine-to-five, and embrace a new way of working at Automox.
As a Senior Software Engineering Manager, you will lead multiple agile teams which deliver features and systems that make Automox the Competitive Advantage! In this role you will have the opportunity to lead development efforts for brand new and existing services and applications, launch them, operate them, and continue to develop them. You are the leader of several engineering initiatives, driving success through your direct and indirect reports and business partners. You will manage cross-functional teams of software engineers. You have a passion for coaching and mentoring to help individuals grow and provide a great product experience, always looking for new opportunities to improve.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Manage a team of up to 10 talented Engineering professionals to motivate them, direct, and promote positive culture for the success of the organization
- Participate in the roadmap and release planning efforts. Ensures your team understands the global R&D priorities and helps other teams achieve them when necessary
- Own the end-to-end delivery and timeline of features, services and applications including design, development, while collaborating with peers on testing and release.
- Ensure a high level of technical quality by driving technology and collaborating on architectural decisions
- Actively work alongside internal stakeholders to manage and prioritize engineering initiatives, infrastructure changes, maintenance, and new feature requests. Actively encourage and support your team to collaborate and work across management and organizational boundaries to achieve goals
- Work with program management to track delivery and roll-up of project milestones and performance metrics for status reporting and continuous improvement
- Coach and develop your team. Ensure individual growth for all team members by ensuring they receive mentorship, regular 1:1’s, and quarterly reviews from you and key technical leaders inside the company
- Establish and refine effective agile practices that drive results and create an environment of empowerment and ownership.
- Promote best practices in software development, testing, and deployment
- Building team morale, foster behavior that promotes collaboration, learning, and positivity
- Identify and help resolve conflicts on your team or with other teams
- Identify and manage project issues and risks. Act as focal point for project problem resolution and escalation
- Establish monitoring & operation of production services that promote quality and uptime
- Customer Focused: We put our customers first and are committed to their success.
- Tenacious: We finish strong and strive for continuous improvement.
- Nimble: We move fast, embrace change and adapt quickly.
- One Team: We hold ourselves accountable and support one another.
WHAT YOU BRING
- 5+ years of hands-on software development
- 3+ years of people leadership experience with software engineering teams
- Experience working with cross-functional teams, across functions like product, design, and other engineering leads
- Preferred fluency in programming language(s): Go, Java, Vue.js, Python
- Bonus points for experience with infrastructure, microservices, high-scale applications
- Experience establishing CI/CD and devops practices
- Experience coaching engineers on a distributed team, with or without direct reporting responsibility
- Passion for promoting good engineering practices and high quality standards
- Obsession with user experience, human-centered design, and design thinking
- Proven track record of launching and scaling new cloud native and web applications
- Experience in use of modern project management tools (Confluence, Jira, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related degree, or equivalent work experience
- Passion for recruiting and hiring strong engineering talent
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, problem solving, and organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic team environment across multiple locations and time zones
The expected base salary range is $165,000 – $201,000. Base pay is part of a rich total compensation package that includes bonus, equity and benefits. Actual earnings may be less or more depending on a candidate’s direct experience, skills, industry knowledge, and location.
Automox is the cloud-native IT operations platform for modern organizations. Our award-winning answer to modern IT operations and best-in-class results earned Automox four straight quarters of record growth. We are now trusted by more than 2,500 leading companies and MSPs worldwide, including NASA, Yale, Xerox, Allbirds, and Unicef. It makes it easy to keep every endpoint automatically configured, patched, and secured – anywhere in the world. The future of IT Operations is cloud-native – and right now. Will you join us?
TOTAL REWARDS: Thrive with Us
Beyond the Status Quo
Work from anywhere in the USA
- Competitive Salary
- Equity for Full-Time Employees
- 401K Match
- Flexible PTO, generous sick time policy
- $20 a month to connect virtually with colleagues
- Active Giving committee and employee-led communities
Health & Wellness
- Comprehensive Health Plans with generous employer contributions
- 100% Company-paid Short Term/Long Term Disability and Life Insurance
- Company HSA Contribution: $100-$150-$200 per month based on tier
- Gender Affirmation Coverage on Cigna Medical Plan (including surgery)
Happiness & Well-Being
- $50 per month Lifestyle Spending Account
- Internet Reimbursement – $50/month
- $750 Home office stipend
- $10k Adoption Benefit
- Comprehensive Family Planning Covered on Cigna Medical Plan
- Up to 12 weeks of paid leave for new parents
We are a fully distributed company and have remote workers throughout the United States, and some parts of Canada.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse company. Automox is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status, or any legally protected status.
We are not able to sponsor work visas for this position at this time.