Title: Senior Manager, Benefits & Compliance
Virta Health is on a mission to transform diabetes care and reverse the type 2 diabetes epidemic. Current treatment approaches aren’t working over half of US adults have either type 2 diabetes or prediabetes. Virta is changing this by helping people reverse type 2 diabetes through innovations in technology, personalized nutrition, and virtual care delivery reinvented from the ground up. We have raised over $350 million from top-tier investors, and partner with the largest health plans, employers, and government organizations to help their employees and members restore their health and live diabetes-free. Join us on our mission to reverse diabetes in 100M people.
The Senior Manager, Benefits & Compliance role is an opportunity to develop and implement a benefits and compliance philosophy within an organization that is at the forefront of remote healthcare. You will add strategic value while driving impact on existing benefits and compliance efforts. We’re looking for a leader with benefits and compliance experience to provide strategic solutions and roll up their sleeves to implement those solutions for the greatest impact.
This role is open to remote applicants, so please apply regardless of your location.
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge to ensure company compliance with federal and state laws, including managing required audits, testings, reportings and filings
- Oversee the review and administration of Virta’s Affirmative Action Program
- Partner with Legal and HRBP to ensure policies are communicated effectively
- Manage the company’s benefits program regarding plan options, policy features, enrollment, and other requirements
- Manage leaves of absence, worker’s compensation claims and workplace accommodations including ADA
- Assist in planning, developing, and redesigning company benefits programs and analyzing benefit costs
- Evaluate, recommend, and implement systems and processes to ensure the most effective administration and communication of benefits and compliance
- Manage relationships with brokers, vendors, and service providers to manage benefit offerings (including benefit administration for U.S. open enrollment)
90 Day Plan
Within your first 90 days at Virta, we expect you will do the following:
- Get to know your Team, key clients and cross-functional partners
- Understand Virta’s benefits rewards programs and existing compliance approach
- Identify key areas of opportunities within these spaces and recommendations on updates to our existing rewards and compliance programs in line with the implementation of our remote-first workforce
- 5+ years of benefits or employee benefits administration experience and compliance experience, preferably within the healthtech space
- Retirement plan administration and reporting
- Success in delivering on required audits, testing, reportings and filings
- Ability to succeed in a dynamic environment autonomously
- Proven track record of reliability and responsibility
- Effective planning and priority setting. Ability to manage several complex projects simultaneously while working under pressure to meet deadlines
- Detail oriented, discreet, and able to handle confidential information
Virta’s company values drive our culture, so you’ll do well if:
- You put people first and take care of yourself, your peers, and our patients equally
- You have a strong sense of ownership and take initiative while empowering others to do the same
- You prioritize positive impact over busy work
- You have no ego and understand that everyone has something to bring to the table regardless of experience
- You appreciate transparency and promote trust and empowerment through open access of information
- You are evidence-based and prioritize data and science over seniority or dogma
- You take risks and rapidly iterate
Is this role not quite what you’re looking for? Join our Talent Community and follow us on Linkedin to stay connected!
As part of your duties at Virta, you may come in contact with sensitive patient information that is governed by HIPAA. Throughout your career at Virta, you will be expected to follow Virta’s security and privacy procedures to ensure our patients’ information remains strictly confidential. Security and privacy training will be provided.
Virta has a location based compensation structure. Starting pay will be based on a number of factors and commensurate with qualifications & experience. For this role, the compensation range is 141,000 – 163,000. Information about Virta’s benefits is on our Careers page at: https://www.virtahealth.com/careers.