Senior Full Stack Engineer – WordPress | Remote
Department: Mortgage Technology
Who We Are:
Based in Charlotte, NC, Cardinal Financial is one of the nation’s leading mortgage lenders for nearly 30 years. Cardinal Financial’s experts are equipped with a wealth of wisdom and experience that has proved them a trusted leader in the mortgage industry. The company has earned the coveted status of approved lender for Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, and Ginnie Mae.
Additionally, the company has been named an approved lending institution by the FHA, VA, and USDA. Cardinal Financial’s commitment to simplicity, transparency, and value makes the complicated process of obtaining a home loan easy for its customers.
Looking to join a company that values its people, innovates and expands on its proprietary technology, and is growing at a ridiculous rate?! Apply below!
Who We Need:
Cardinal Financial understands that talented people are the key to great companies. We are looking for intelligent, hard-working, passionate professionals that want to be part of something very different. We want people that dream big and possess a work ethic that will inspire those around them. We are seeking forward-thinking people, who produce results rather than wait for them. You will not be micromanaged, but you will be held accountable to meet specific expectations and have the freedom and responsibility to make it happen. You will be backed by one of the strongest, most supportive and technical mortgage banking leadership teams in the industry and we are all committed to the success of the enterprise.
We are currently looking for an energetic, hardworking, and knowledgeable mid-level team member for the full-time position of Senior Full Stack Engineer – WordPress.
What You Will Do:
The Full Stack Engineer – WordPress will work within the Mortgage Technology Department and will play an active role in building and maintaining a portfolio of WordPress products. This position reports to the Director of Web Development.
You’ll be involved in all products in our WordPress portfolio, including our public-facing websites and employee intranet. You will collaborate with a cross-functional team to architect, develop and document durable, extensible, and secure code.
- Maintain WordPress sites by keeping WP core and contributed plugins current with latest secure releases.
- Work with stakeholders to identify and understand new feature requests and improvements and play a lead role in devising and implementing solutions to meet those stakeholder needs.
- Collaborate with UI and UX designers to implement new features.
- Monitor site performance and interact with our hosting provider as needed to troubleshoot service issues.
- Collaborate with our Mortgage Technology partners to implement and maintain cross-platform integrations.
- Work with our Product Management team to coordinate tasks and plan your workload on a bi-weekly basis.
- You’ll write vanilla PHP and WordPress code as defined in the WordPress Codex.
- Build backend infrastructure to support new features and pages using technologies and languages including WordPress, PHP, MySQL,and 3rd party APIs.
- Deploy code to Cardinal Financial’s staging and production servers using technologies including GitHub/GitLab, and DeployBot.
What You Are Like:
- You’re independent and capable of figuring out the best way to implement features and brainstorm requirements.
- You’re eager to innovate in a data-driven environment, find new ways to improve customer, employee, and developer experiences, and improve our products.
- You enjoy working independently but also collaborating with others when needed.
- You delight in implementing rich user experiences and solving technical challenges
- You stay plugged into emerging technologies and industry trends and apply them in your work.
- You are highly familiar with the WordPress Codex.
- You will have the skills and aptitude to work in an open and collaborative environment.
- You will possess creative thinking, have the ability to work in a fast-paced deadline-driven work environment, and possess high attention to detail and good time management skills.
What You Need:
- B.S. in computer science or a related technical field, or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of web development experience required.
- Experience evaluating, installing, and configuring WordPress plugins.
- Experience building custom WordPress themes and plugins from scratch and the ability to implement them on your own.
- Experience with advanced WordPress concepts including hooks, filters, plugins, REST APIs, Custom Post Types, etc.
- Experience with Vue and authoring Vue components.
- Ability to write well-designed, well-documented, reliable code that you or others will find easy to understand and modify six months from now.
- Experience with the development and DevOps lifecycle, QA, build tools such as WebPack, Laravel Mix or Vite, and version control tools such as Git.
- Strong conceptual ability to design and build back-end content management structures and implement them on the front end.
Nice to Haves:
- Experience with developing custom blocks for the Block Editor with React.
- Experience with custom GravityForms and HubSpot integrations.
- Experience with HubSpot or other comparable CRMs.
- A working knowledge of SQL with the ability to query databases including WordPress.
- Experience with 3rd party REST APIs and how to implement them.
What We Offer:
- Strength, Stability, and Vision.
- Great compensation package.
- Opportunity for career growth.
- A commitment to be a relevant market leader – we are aiming for the top!
- Octane, our engineered proprietary technology that is transforming the mortgage industry.
- An empowered culture where your ideas are important and your voice matters.
- Full Benefits, beginning the first day of the month following your start date, including – Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability Insurance, and much more.
- Generous paid time off package that also includes all major holidays.
- 401K w/ 50% match – Beginning the 1st of the month following 30 days of employment.