Sr. Front End Software Engineer (React)
PRODUCT & ENGINEERING
Who We Are
Angel Studios is the home of stories that amplify light. Through its platform, thousands of Angel investors choose which titles will be created, funded, and distributed. Angel Studios allows creators and audiences to form passionate communities around their creative projects, making the story behind the story as important as the final project itself. The studios’ first projectsThe Chosen and Dry Bar Comedyhave earned billions of views around the world. Learn more at Angel.com
We’re looking for passionate team members who want to build world-class products that will reshape media over the coming decades. Learn more about:
Our North Star
Join us and be part of stories that matter.
Angel Studios is seeking an experienced Senior Front End Software Engineer in a remote position to deliver top-tier solutions with minimal guidance.
Expectations at Angel Studios
- Amplify light in every action. How do we define light? We build things that are true, honest, noble, just, authentic, lovely, admirable, and excellent.
- As the owner of your outcomes, you are empowered to break down silos and coordinate with any and all people you need in order to reach your goals.
- You are ultimately responsible for achieving the outcomes while also using resources wisely – whether that be money, people, or time.
- Know your customer – it might be our viewers, investors, creators, or internal Angel Teams. Ensure you understand your customer and are providing what THEY need and not just what you want to build.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Ensure quality through design, processes, and tools in a CI/CD environment.
- Partner with designers, product managers, and engineers to build out new features, fixes, and continuous improvements.
- Deliver features iteratively.
- Design, build and maintain efficient, secure, reusable, and reliable code that runs performantly across devices under variable memory, screen size, and network constraints.
- Participate in cross-team brownbags, workshop series, standups, hackathons, etc.
- Analyze application performance and recommend improvements as needed.
- Perform code reviews, testing, and debugging.
- Contribute to technical documentation utilized in the Product and Engineering departments.
- Must attend and contribute to regularly scheduled meetings.
- Proficiency in speaking, reading and writing in the English language is required. Additional language proficiency is a plus.
- Minimum of 3 years experience writing high-performance reusable code for UI components and developing rich applications using ReactJS.
- Experienced in the infrastructure needed to make compelling frontend experience such as API development (GraphQL, REST), and frameworks (ReactJS, NextJS).
- Passionate about careful design & architectural planning that leads to a codebase that is future-proof and maintainable.
- Enjoy the challenge and opportunity to lead and improve the development experience at Angel Studios by enhancing development tools, test coverage, and code structure.
- Proactive and detail-oriented, yet comfortable working in a dynamic environment with tight deadlines and evolving requirements.
- Self-starter with the ability to seek out opportunities, create an action plan and see it through to fruition.
- Familiarity with Cloud Based Platforms and services
- Strong collaborator with excellent presentation, communication, and problem solving skills.
- Familiarity with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery principles.
- An exceptional listener with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Detail-oriented perspective and able to pick up on overlooked details.
- Organization and time management.
- Able to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Must be able to manage multiple assignments, determine priorities, and adapt to changing conditions.
- Resourceful and able to problem-solve and manage tasks with ambiguity.
- Can take feedback to tasks and assignments positively and create better solutions.
- A quick study, able to pick up new skills and learn how to use new programs.
- Must participate in setting and achieving regularly scheduled and outlined objectives.
- Ability to take individual ownership, execute with high energy, share context, insist on candor with positive intent.
Required education and experience
- 5+ years of experience as a Software Engineer
- 3+ years of experience developing with React or React Native in a production environment
- 1+ years of experience in responsive website development
Preferred education and experience
- 7+ years of experience as a Software Engineer
- Additional language proficiency beyond English is a plus.
$121,000 – $146,000 a year
Commensurate with experience and scope of responsibilities.
Work environment – Remote team members must have a private and quiet area for working hours in their location. When in the main office, expect a comfortable, air-conditioned work environment. Team members are issued their own desks, but the office is an open, shared space and can be fast-paced and occasionally noisy.
Physical demands – Will need to be able to sit or stand at a desk for extended periods of time.
Position type and expected hours of work – Regular full-time, 40 hours per week.
Travel required – No significant out of state travel anticipated at this time.
Geographic Requirements – We are currently highly prioritizing hiring from these US states. Please consider this before choosing to apply:
Alabama (AL), Arizona (AZ), California (CA), Florida (FL), Idaho (ID), Illinois (IL), Kansas (KS), Massachusetts (MA), Michigan (MI), Minnesota (MN), Missouri (MO), North Carolina (NC), Nebraska (NE), New Jersey (NJ), Nevada (NV), New York (NY), Oklahoma (OK), Pennsylvania (PA), South Carolina (SC), Tennessee (TN), Texas (TX), Utah (UT), Virginia (VA), Washington (WA), Wisconsin (WI), West Virginia (WV).
Perks at Angel:
– Competitive compensation
– Stock Option equity package
– 100% company-paid medical, dental, and vision premiums for employees and dependents
– Short, and Long Term Disability Insurance paid for employee, with option of additional AD&D insurance
– Generous Paid Time Off
– Health Spending Account (HSA)
– 401(k) investment opportunity with employer match
– Paid parental leave