Title: Senior Front-End Engineer (remote)
Responsible for the core software engineering tasks in a project team. The individual will be required to work with dynamic teams that are driven by project delivery goals. Should possess the drive to learn and continuously improve on work performance. Should work with peer software engineers in writing quality code. The individual will be required to participate in periodic appraisal cycles to evaluate and determine advancement opportunities.
Duties & Responsibilities
Listed below are the typical duties and responsibilities expected of an individual for the job title described in this document. The items specified below are a guideline of the minimum expectations for the job title; changes will be made on a case-by-case basis for individuals who show potential to take on more opportunities. Other duties may be assigned from time to time.
- Ensures that code artifacts produced are of the highest quality, conforming to set or agreed upon standards. Should advocate such consistency to all members of the team.
- Follows the Pearson processes, agile practices and motivates his/her team members to do so.
- Escalates and communicates issues, risks and concerns to leads or managers.
- Provides realistic and accurate estimates and achieve on-time Delivery.
- Makes optimum utilization of engineering tools and technologies to maintain a high productivity level in the team
- Accepts project delivery responsibilities and demonstrates accountability to leadership.
- Builds competencies in product and technology domain to set expectations.
- Align self to organizational goals
- Adhere to Pearson values and ethical practices.
- Maintains a sense of individuality in thinking and decision making.
- Is a professional in work aspects as well as conduct with other individuals.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree in computing or information technology. Individuals who have a bachelor’s degree in mathematics, physical sciences, or a specialization in the Engineering field will also be considered.
- A minimum of five (5) years of industry experience in Software Engineering / Web Application Development, Programming and Design and preferably some experience in a leadership role.
- Excellent knowledge of ReactJS, jQuery, AJAX, HTML 5
- Experience with Cloud Technologies, including containers, Kubernetes, Docker, AWS.
- Conceptual knowledge of containers, server-less architecture, pattern and anti-patterns, cloud native application architectures
- Knowledge of REST architecture framework
- Knowledge of design and building tools supporting APIs (Swagger, Swagger Hub, yaml).
- Good knowledge of working in Linux and navigating around a Linux system
- Experience with any of the automation testing frameworks like Mocha, Chai
- Knowledge of DevOps principles, including Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery best practices using Jenkins, Nexus, Maven, Gradle, GitHub, SonarQube, Ansible.
- Experience with iterative and agile development with frequent releases, familiar with the Agile Manifesto, aware of all Agile ceremonies.
- Provision of in-depth technical skills to fix ad hoc incidents/problems, mentoring and support DevOps teams to ensure best practice.
- Self-motivated individual with strong verbal and written communication skills.
Compensation at Pearson is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to skill set, level of experience, and specific location. As required by the Colorado, California, Washington State, New York State and New York City laws, the pay range for this position is as follows:
The minimum full-time salary range is between $60,000 – $120,000.