Title: Senior Front-End Engineer – Data Visulization
Location: Remote – US
Messari is the leading provider of crypto market intelligence products that help professionals navigate crypto/Web3 with confidence. We bring transparency and smarter qualitative and quantitative analytics to the industry by combining a global research database with a comprehensive suite of data visualization and asset discovery tools. We help drive smarter participation in crypto from individuals and institutions alike.
The name Messari came from the Franciscan monks who declared “clean books” a moral imperative during the renaissance and pushed merchants to use proper accounting methods. This led to the flourishing of investment via “trust but verify” methods and industry growth throughout Europe. That’s what we aim to do. Provide participants, investors, builders, platforms, and everyone else with reliable information to better participate in the crypto ecosystem.
Our users range from some of the most prominent analysts, investors, and crypto individuals to top organizations including Coinbase, BitGo, Anchorage, 0x, Chainanalysis, Ledger, Compound, MakerDAO, and many more.
We are looking for an experienced front-end engineer to build analytical platforms that help users learn, analyze, and participate in web3. As a front-end engineer your role is to build a cohesive user experience helping users navigate the expansive web3 world leveraging our data on governance, DeFi, on-chain metrics, qualitative research, and much more.
Building a resilient and scalable front-end is of up-most importance as the Messari web application continues to gain traffic. The role will involve inspecting our current front-end methodologies to find more concise and efficient ways to enhance our front-end system as we continue to expand the front-end engineering team.
If you enjoy finding ways to display data-dense content in a digestible way, moving at a rapid pace to adapt to the fluid crypto environment and challenging yourself to innovate the front-end stack, this role is for you.
What you’ll do
- Actively participate alongside other product team members in the ideation, scoping and design of customer facing features used by millions of users on messari.io.
- Build and maintain data-dense UIs using a modern frontend stack including technologies such as Typescript, React, GraphQL, NextJS, Golang, and Sanity.
- Collaborate with Research, Marketing and other teams at Messari to build and maintain internal (web-based) tooling that enhances their workflows.
- Build integrations with wallets & smart contracts on Ethereum and other blockchains to support features like voting on governance proposals.
- Participate in the design of GraphQL and Rest APIs which serve messari.io.
- Continuously advocate for and implement technologies within our stack to improve user experience, performance, security and developer experience.
Who you are
- 6+ years experience with modern front-end technologies including React and TypeScript
- A desire to work on big complex projects with lots of creative freedom
- A passion for shipping high-quality products
- An interest in the crypto space, and a love for building tools that help users navigate the web3 world
- Empathetic and love to help your teammates grow
- Worked with other elements of our tech stack: GraphQL, Postgres, Golang, Node, Kubernetes
- Familiarity with Python and related visualization frameworks (Streamlit, Plotly Dash, etc)
- Specific experience with Web3 and/or data visualization tools
Projects you could work on
- Web-based Code Editor/IDE – A web-based REPL environment allowing developers to quickly build, deploy, and share data visualizations. Think of a domain-specific Jupyter Notebook.
- Web3 Data Visualization Platform – A platform where anyone can build a wide-variety of visualizations from a set of existing widgets and components quickly and easily.
- Web3 dApp Marketplace – A marketplace where you could list, find, review dApps, making sure it can be easily scaled to thousands of applications while optimizing for discoverability.
- Data Dashboards – Build data-dense dashboards which provide users with quick access to the vast catalog of metrics, events, charts and other data that’s ingested, curated and published by Messari. Give users control over the data they want to see and how they want to see it.
Salary Ranges for this position (depending upon experience): #LI-AS1
Associate: $135,000 – $155,000
Mid: $150,000 – $185,000
Senior: $195,000 – $200,000 +
What you’ll love about Messari.
We understand in order for you to do your best work, you need the resources to stay healthy, recharge, and feel like you have ownership in the future we are building.
- Competitive Salary and Employee Stock Options: Everyone in our team contributes to the success of our game-changing products, which is why we share all our wins company-wide. As we continue to succeed, stock options and a competitive salary mean you get to enjoy the upside!
- Health, Dental, & Vision: We care about your well-being so we contribute to the cost of your health benefits. Messari covers 80% of your health, dental, and vision!
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA): Use pretax dollars for any health care needs.
- Life Insurance: Provided to you at no cost, with coverage up to 1x your Annual Salary.
- Disability Insurance: Offering Long-term and Short-term disability to provide a portion of your income during times you are unable to work!
- Flexible Time Off: Forget accrued PTO days. We believe in the power of personal time, so we offer as much flexible time as you need. Just clear it with your team and bon voyage!
- Paid Parental Leave: We encourage you to take care of your little one! We provide 18 weeks for primary caregiver / 4 weeks for secondary caregiver
- WeWork: All Access Pass.
- 401k: 3% Match when you invest in your future with our 401K.
- Flexible working life and $500 WFH set up allowance: Work-life balance is important. Whether you want to work from home or come to our office in New York the choice is yours. To help you get comfortable working from home we’ll assist with a $500 contribution.
- Community & Social Events: Messari is a community, we work hard, and bring each other up! Fun and regular company events to relax and connect with teammates.
- Learning and Development: We are dedicated to your professional development. We contribute $1,500 annually for you to invest in your continued education.
- Health & Wellness Perks: Work-life balance and your wellbeing are important to us. To contribute to your mental & physical wellbeing we gift you a brand new Whoop and a subscription to Headspace, as well as Health Advocacy as part of our Employee Assistance Plan.
*As Messari is a fully remote company hiring candidates around the world, our perks and benefit packages may adjust based on your location.
Join our Global, Fully-Remote Team
We believe in building services that help people around the world engage with crypto and seek out talent that can broaden how we build for a diverse, global audience. At Messari, we welcome all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, socioeconomic status, religion, age, marital or parental status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.