Senior Front End Developer
Location: Raleigh, NC or Charlotte, NC or Remote
Your Day to Day
- Execute on initiatives defined by your squad with collaboration across marketing channel stakeholders.
- Help build, maintain and grow the 3S Home digital portfolio as a technical lead on the digital team
- Integrate with 3rd party APIs and write new custom plugins, themes and web services to help streamline development team efforts and create scalable and easily manageable solutions for our home services business
- Consult with business partners and UXDs to understand needs and define how business requirements and user stories should be approached and implemented.
- Provide technical mentorship to a team of mid-level developers
- Ensure quality code and solutions are delivered by development squads by helping to architect scalable best-practice solutions, selecting and testing plugins, ensuring quality code commenting and documentation processes are followed AND completing code reviews prior to QA and UAT testing.
- Assist scrum master in providing story points and in resource allocation as part of the team’s agile 2-week sprint cadence.
- 5+ years of professional front-end development with a focus on developing on sites on WordPress
- Experience managing WordPress hosting environments like Pantheon, Pagely, or WP Engine
- Experience delivering fully-responsive mobile first websites. AMP knowledge and development experience preferred.
- Experience with MAMP, WAMP or local environments
- Familiarity with SQL / MySQL and the WordPress $wpdb object
- Experience with GitHub, Pantheon and AWS hosting
- Experience delivering fully-responsive and progressive mobile websites.
- Experience setting up WP Multisite parent and child theme designs
- PreferExperience with package managers like yarn or npm
- Prefer experience building configurations for grunt or webpack
Home Solutions is part of the Three Ships family of digital businesses. Three Ships started as a digital agency in 2009, and today encompasses businesses in the Home, Auto, Legal, and Health industries with a collective goal of simplifying the ways people discover, research, and buy.. We have a proven playbook and are looking for an entrepreneurial leader to apply it to new uncharted areas. You will have a front-row seat to build and grow a business and there is no cap on growth, promotions, or the opportunity to own and put your stamp on important projects. Here at Three Ships, we are a mighty team with subject matter experts in creative, branding, content strategy, SEO, paid media, and more. The opportunity to grow and learn new skills is endless. Bottom line, at Three Ships, we have a high bar for excellence, but also a real interest in each other and making work fun. We’re excited to have you see what we’re all about firsthand.
About Home Solutions
- Launched Fall 2017
- Home Solutions targets the rapidly digitizing home services vertical
- Home Solutions matches homeowners with the right service provider to meet their needs.
- Through our websites and partners, Home Solutions has a proprietary audience of 47M+ homeowners and prime real estate in search engines.
- We have created a whole class and layer of guides, reviews, and ratings that are best on the Internet and editorially independent.
- We use this audience to help leading home services brands acquire new customers.
As a full-time employee of Three Ships, you’ll have access to competitive benefits, including flexible time off, health/dental/vision, 401k match, an annual Relax & Recharge Bonus, an annual Learning & Development stipend to enroll in class(es) of your choosing, and up to $75 mobile reimbursement. If you join us in person in our Raleigh or Charlotte locations, we have an office stocked with snacks, coffee, and just about every other beverage you can imagine.
How We Hire
All applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, gender identity, or any other discriminatory factors. Please note that we do not provide immigration sponsorship for this role. All offers are subject to a background check.