Senior Executive Assistant – Legal Team
Job Locations US-Remote
We areCONNECTING HEALTH AND WEALTH.Come be part of remarkable.
How you can make a difference
An exciting opportunity to work with the senior leadership team of a growing, mission driven company that sits at the intersection of healthcare, finance and technology. The Sr. Executive Assistant for the Legal Department will provide a wide variety of confidential and complex administrative support for the EVP General Counsel at HealthEquity and senior members of the Legal Team.
The ideal candidate must have exceptional skills in multi-tasking and managing multiple projects and changing priorities. This role handles highly sensitive and confidential non-public information for internal and external boards, executives and organizations.
The EVP General Counsel is based in Draper, UT. This position will be either fully remote or hybrid based in Draper, UT.
What you’ll be doing
- Provides confidential administrative services to EVP General Counsel and senior members of their leadership team, which by nature of the position involves high level contacts and exposure to sensitive information necessitating considerable use of tact, diplomacy, discretion and judgement.
- Coordinates the EVP General Counsel’s calendar to minimize conflicts, prevent double bookings, allow for travel time between meetings, and support work life balance. Provides coordination and office representative at special events as required. Pro-actively makes decisions regarding urgency, importance and time allotments for appointments.
- Anticipates needed information for executive and assembles completed file for meetings as necessary. Prepares meeting folders to ensure executive has appropriate pre-read materials for meetings (e.g. agenda, presentations, etc.)
- Attends meetings for executive as requested to assist in meeting logistics, agenda, etc.Travel will be required.
- Schedules and coordinates staff meetings of executive’s direct reports/leadership team. Schedules meetings and conference rooms, prepares and sequences agendas, plans lunch and dinner arrangements, selects menus, establishes time frames, and secures audio visual equipment. Assures that established schedules are maintained. Follows-up with staff members to collect reports or materials needed by executive for various committees, staff and other meetings.
- Schedules and coordinates meetings of the Board of Directors of HealthEquity and its subsidiaries; selects and coordinates lodging and conference rooms, plans breakfast, lunch and dinner arrangements, selects menus, establishes time frames, assists with Board travel arrangements, and secures audio visual equipment.
- Coordinates travel arrangements for executive including flight and ground transportation, accommodations and itinerary preparation.
- Manages Purchase Order needs, service partner (vendor) billing processing and tracking and expense reports.
- Negotiates meeting fees/costs and contracts with vendors (hotels, restaurants, etc.) and internal departments for leadership and Team Members.
- Manage incoming communications, including answer/redirect phone calls, take detailed messages and act as needed (e.g., respond, follow-up, reminders, etc.) for General Counsel.
- Prepares routine as well as non-routine correspondence, legal documents, forms, presentations and memorandum, from rough draft or dictation. .
- Communicates regularly with the Board(s) of Directors and other internal boards/committees, senior executive leadership and other senior management, executive staff and executives outside the company. Practices a high level of diplomacy and discretion in these communications.
- Maintains and organizes electronic and physical files, ensuring confidentiality and accessibility. Assist with data entry, analysis, and reporting as required.
- Monitors general expenses such as food and entertainment, office supply orders, meeting /facilities costs, and travel expenses.
- Assists with miscellaneous administrative tasks for senior members of the Legal Team.
- Ability to work regular overtime (such as extended hours or additional shifts) is essential. Overtime may be scheduled in advance or on-call depending on business need.
- Occasional travel (20-30%) to attend training or board meetings may be required.
What you will need to be successful
- 7+ years related administrative assistant experience including at least 4 years of recent experience supporting an EVP / C-Level executive specifically working with a Legal team and/or experience supporting Board of Director’s meetings.
- Pro-active and action oriented
- Expert ability to operate personal computer and business software including MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint). Ability to train and lead other administrative Team Members in all aspects of office administration.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and demonstrate executive presence.
- Displays the ability to see challenges in advance by being proactive versus reactive.
- Builds cross functional relationships at all levels of the company to ensure understanding of the business, leaders, and workflow.
- Excellent at prioritizing and organization their own work and the work of their executive.
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to correspond and interact with all levels of management, external company executives, external Boards, customers, and other contacts.
- Ability to proofread own work and work of others for content and format accuracy.
- Intermediate mathematical calculation skills.
- Work requires normal range of hearing, vision and verbal communication skills, with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Must be able to use a telephone or headset equipment and operate a keyboard and other office equipment, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Must be able to spend prolonged periods of each workday on the phone
- The ability to perform work at a computer station for 6-8+ hours a day and function in an environment with frequent interruptions is required.
- At times, subject to sitting for prolonged periods.
- Must be able to lift and move material weighing up to 20 lbs
- May experience elevated levels of stress during periods of increased activity and with work entailing multiple deadlines.
This is a remote position.
Salary Range $31.49 To $47.36 / hour
Benefits & Perks
The compensation range describes the typical minimum or maximum base pay range for this position. The actual compensation offer is determined based on job-related knowledge, education, skills, experience, and work location.
This position will be eligible for performance-based incentives as part of the total compensation package, in addition to a full range of benefits including:
- Medical, dental, and vision
- HSA contribution and match
- Dependent care FSA match
- Full-time team members receive a minimum of 18 days of annual PTO and 13 paid holidays per year
- Adventure accounts
- Paid parental leave
- 401(k) match
- Personal and healthcare financial literacy programs
- Ongoing education& tuition assistance
- Gym and fitness reimbursement
- Wellness program incentives