Sr. Director of Demand Generation
at Hotel Engine
Hotel Engine is a Denver-based travel tech company on a mission to radically simplify trip management for businesses. We’re not a cumbersome travel management company, nor an online price aggregator. We’re a powerful network that brings hotels and businesses together. Our members save time, money and effort in managing their lodging programs, and our partners get access to loyal, high-value business travelers. It’s a true win-win. Following a 2021 series B funding round at a $1.3 billion valuation, we achieved remarkable growth in 2022. We expect 2023 to be our best year yet.
Across our organization, we’re powered by exceptional talent. From our large Engineering and Product teams to Sales, Supplier Relations, Member Support, Data, Marketing and Operations, our team is forward-thinking, data-driven and customer-obsessed. We’re also a lot of fun — one of the many reasons we were named a Best Place to Work by Built In Colorado for the past four consecutive years.
We value our individuality, and we also understand that together, we thrive. Most importantly, we know we’re not for everyone! Complacency doesn’t live here. We’re focused on finding the right people who are energized by our culture and bring diverse experiences and backgrounds that will help us unlock our full potential. Click here to view our DNA, and if you like what you see, please read on!
We’re looking for a Sr. Director Demand Generation to join our team and help demand generation through strategic multi-channel programs and campaigns. You will partner closely with product, product marketing, sales and account management to support growth throughout the sales funnel!
Here’s what you’ll do:
- You will be directly responsible for bookings growth sourced and influenced by marketing programs and campaigns. These KPIs include lead creation, account creation, trial bookings, ROI, ROAS, and more.
- Manage a team of acquisition, field and event marketers, ensure their development and growth within the marketing organization
- Own end-to-end strategy of acquiring new accounts and members through campaigns and programs across channels (e.g. digital paid channels, direct mail, events, email, sales playbooks, and more), including content, campaigns, A/B testing, localization, reporting, and optimization to lead generation and account creation.
- Build and manage the cross-functional inbound contribution model for driving demand in partnership with the finance and GTM leadership teams. Ensure inputs, assumptions and goals are supported by each team and have accompanying tracking and reporting for accountability.
- Partner with Revenue & Marketing Operations team to build a closed-loop lead lifecycle (stage, status) and scoring models. Ensure we have the right technology and systems to support demand generation
- Partner with our Product Marketing and Campaign team to align messaging, content and sales plays, and understand relevant solutions and use cases that roll into acquisition programs
- Partner with Sales and Account Management teams to build orchestrated lead and account follow up programs for new and customer leads.
- Develop robust A/B testing strategies that guide optimization of campaigns; continually build on the foundation for ToF growth through the development of repeatable, scalable processes and frameworks
- Manage large program budgets including the creation, tracking, optimization across channels and teams
- Establish a rigorous performance reporting framework for all demand generation, event and field programs and initiatives; monitor and analyze results across all channels to understand the efficacy of strategies and tactics for increasing new business growth.
- Present regularly on program performance and successes to senior leaders across the organization
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- 10-12+ years’ experience in a similar role in a high-growth company
4-6+ years of management experience.
- Demonstrated success defining and executing demand gen programs that deliver against funnel metrics and KPIs for new and existing customers
- Deep understanding of paid acquisition marketing, persona marketing, performance marketing, email marketing, event and field tactics and technology; strong working knowledge of Salesforce as well as marketing automation tools such as Marketo/Hubspot.
- Experience leverage sales execution and engagement solutions like Outreach, SalesLoft
- Ability to prioritize work efforts and navigatechange
- Ability to work independently and be proactive in identifying opportunities and recommendingsolutions
- Strong project management,communicationand organizational skills
- Experience developing and managing budgets and hiring, training, developing, supervising, and evaluating personnel.
- Commitment to working with shared leadership and in cross-functional teams.
- Self-starter and comfortable with extreme ambiguity
- The base salary for this role is $200,000-$230,000 annually. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors, including prior experience, expertise & may vary from the amount above.
Hotel Engine Total Rewards Philosophy | We recognize that there is more to work than day-to-day responsibilities. Hotel Engine has been recognized on Built-in Colorado’s Best Places to Work list 3 years in a row (2020-2022) for our positive culture and robust growth opportunities.
As a company, we’re also dedicated to giving back to our greater community, and have comprehensive corporate social responsibility programs supporting community, social justice and environmental causes. In addition to a collaborative, high-performing team environment, we’re pleased to offer benefits including:
- Competitive base salaries
- Annual performance bonuses
- Stock options for all associates + performance-based stock options
- Insurance benefits including medical coverage (with a plan available at no cost to employees) + 100% paid dental and vision insurance
- 401(k) plan with a match program
- Unlimited PTO + 2 paid days each year to volunteer with your favorite non-profit
- Paid parental leave and family medical leave
- Hotel discounts through our exclusive platform
- The ability to make a real impact in an incredibly fast-growing organization; you’ll never be just another cog in the wheel.