Senior Coordinator, Operations Management (bilingual – English/French)
Sr. Coordinator, Ops Management (bilingual – English/French)
Areas of Interest
Remote – US – Remote – US – United States of America
About the Role
Working under direct supervision, provide research, coordination and facilitation of repairs and maintenance for a portfolio of commercial sites. Responsible for regular tenant and landlord communication.
What You’ll Do
- Perform commercial lease review and interpretation.
- Address and resolve escalated issues.
- Coordinate repairs and maintenance for commercial facilities. Partner with tenants and landlords. Ensure the completion.
- Provide landlords and tenants with regular updates regarding scheduled and completed repairs.
- Identify opportunities for improvement by and among the client and company.
- Review documentation for accuracy and respond to requests from management, client and internal/external customers.
- Generate reports on open and closed work orders and scheduled repairs.
- Other duties as assigned.
- No formal supervisory responsibilities in this position.
- May provide informal assistance such as technical guidance and/or training to coworkers.
What You’ll Need
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States without the need for visa sponsorship now or in the future.
Education and Experience
- Commercial lease administration experience required.
- Knowledge of commercial property management, financial terms and principles desired.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required with a minimum of two years of related experience and/or training – preferably in commercial lease administration.
- Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS) from 4-year college or university desired.
- Commercial property management experience is a plus.
Communication and Interpersonal Skills
- Written and verbal fluency in English and French.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to comprehend and interpret instructions, short correspondence, and memos and ask clarifying questions to ensure understanding.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from clients, co-workers, and/or supervisor.
- Ability to effectively present information to an internal department and/or large groups of employees.
- Requires basic knowledge of financial terms and principles. Ability to calculate simple figures such as percentages. Knowledge of commercial property management, financial terms and principles desired.
- Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret documents (commercial leases and/or invoices etc.).
- Ability to understand and carry out general instructions in standard situations.
- Ability to solve problems in standard situations.
Other Skills and Abilities
- Intermediate skills with Microsoft Office Suite products such as Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.
- Strong organizational, time management and analytical skills. Ability to provide efficient, timely, reliable, and courteous service to customers.
Scope of Responsibility
- Decisions made with general understanding of procedures and company policies to achieve set results and deadlines. Errors in judgment may cause short-term impact to co-workers and supervisor.
CBRE carefully considers multiple factors to determine compensation, including a candidate’s education, training, and experience. The minimum salary for the Sr. Coordinator, Ops Management position is $26.44 per hour and the maximum salary for the Sr. Coordinator, Ops Management is $27.88 per hour. The compensation that is offered to a successful candidate will depend on the candidate’s skills, qualifications, and experience. This role will provide the following benefits: 401(K), Dental insurance, Health insurance, Life insurance, and Vision insurance.
CBRE is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We have a long-standing commitment to providing equal employment opportunity to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, veteran status, political belief, or any other basis protected by applicable law. We also provide reasonable accommodations, as needed, throughout the job application process. If you have a disability that inhibits your ability to apply for a position through our online application process, you may contact us via email at email@example.com or via telephone at +1 866 225 3099 (U.S.) and +1 866 388 4346 (Canada).
NOTE: Some, but not all, of our positions may have an additional requirement to comply with COVID-19 health and safety protocols, including COVID-19 vaccination proof and/or rigorous testing. If you have questions about the requirement(s) for this position, please inform your Recruiter.