Senior Business Systems Analyst
San Francisco, CA or Remote (U.S.)
We’re looking for a Business Systems Analyst to join our Discord Business Systems team! This hire will report to our Head of Business Systems. Partnering closely with Accounting, Finance, Engineering, and HR. Success in this role will require a strong partnership and collaboration with our business partners to analyze technical and process gaps, design solutions, implement technology, and support launches.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Provide L1 & L2 support to Discord Business Systems users
- L1 provides the first point of contact for all users (collect, log, classify, and prioritize requests). Activities consist of answering business-related questions and routing incidents appropriately. Address application-specific questions and escalate incidents to next level of support
- L2 activities consist of technical investigation requests, incidents, or quick fix/workaround resolutions. Provide functional and technical support for user requests and incidents not resolved by L1.
- Evolve and expand our Jira Service Management workflows to service all mission critical applications
- Work with business partners and stakeholders to understand business requirements and drive business transformation through our Business Systems Applications
- Provide project coordination of the analysis, design, unit test plan, build, testing, conversion, and implementation phases of an Agile System Development Life Cycle
- Ensure the proper documentation of systems and financial processes
- Execute the deployment, monitoring, maintenance and support of test and production environments of all Business systems
- User Support in troubleshooting both application and business process issues
- Ensure compliance of SOX and ITGC with proper documentation
What You Should Have
- Strong understanding of Finance and Accounting business functions (Order to Cash, Procure to Pay, Record to Report)
- 2+ years of experience in business systems supporting Finance, Accounting, FP&A, HR or Engineering
- 1+ years of experience with subscription billing
- Experience with JIRA
- Experience with Asana
- Experience in building OTBI and BI reports
- 2+ years of experience with Oracle Fusion (Financial Accounting Hub, Revenue, Accounts Payable, AR, GL, Cash Management and Fixed Asset)
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $139,000 to $150,000 + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role and level. Within the range, individual pay is determined by additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include equity, or benefits.
Benefits and Perks
- Comprehensive medical insurance including Health, Dental and Vision (plus up to $20,000 for gender affirmation procedures)
- Mental health resources and quarterly wellness stipends
- 14+ paid holidays, 4 weeks of PTO + use-what-you-need sick days
- Paid parental leave (plus fertility, adoption and other family planning benefits)
- Flexible long-term work options (remote and hybrid)
- Volunteer time off
- A diverse slate of Employee Resource Groups
- Plus commuter contributions and other perks for office-based employees
Discord is a voice, video and text app that helps friends and communities come together to hang out and explore their interests from artists and activists, to study groups, sneakerheads, plant parents, and more. With 150 million monthly users across 19 million active communities, called servers, Discord has grown to become one of the most popular communications services in the world. Discord was built without selling ads or user data and instead, offers a premium subscription called Nitro that gives users special perks like higher quality streams and fun customizations.
We’re working toward an inclusive world where no one feels like an outsider, where genuine human connection is a click, text chat, or voice call away. A place where everyone can find belonging. Challenging? Heck yes. Rewarding? Double heck yes. It’s a mission that gives us the chance to positively impact millions of people all over the world. So if this strikes a chord with you, come build belonging with us!