Senior Brand Copywriter
Anywhere in the U.S. (Remote)
Let’s face it, a company whose mission is human transformation better have some fresh thinking about the employer/employee relationship.
We do. We can’t cram it all in here, but you’ll start noticing it from the first interview.
Even our candidate experience is different. And when you get an offer from us (and accept it), you get way more than a paycheck. You get a personal BetterUp Coach, a development plan, a trained and coached manager, the most amazing team you’ve ever met (yes, each with their own personal BetterUp Coach), and most importantly, work that matters.
This makes for a remarkably focused and fulfilling work experience. Frankly, it’s not for everyone. But for people with fire in their belly, it’s a game-changing, career-defining, soul-lifting move.
Join us and we promise you the most intense and fulfilling years of your career, doing life-changing work in a fun, inventive, soulful culture.
If that sounds exciting—and the job description below feels like a fit—we really should start talking.
We are looking for a Senior Brand Copywriter to join our small but mighty Brand Creative team.
At BetterUp we know transformation isn’t something you wait for. It’s something you work for. Building a category that doesn’t exist requires grit, practicing imagination, agility, and at times rethinking our approach along the way. We’re building the next iconic performance brand and need a creative visionary who takes bold creative swings and isn’t afraid to roll up their sleeves to get the job done.
As the Senior Brand Copywriter, you will use your creative and strategic abilities to research, think critically, and demonstrate your command of language to produce engaging, strategic content that brings our brand to life, and speaks to our audience (specifically CxOs) in a powerful, engaging way in order to drive both brand and business objectives. We need a strategic-doer and a storyteller at heart. From a big picture perspective, you must be able to have a deep understanding of our audience and the ability to connect on a personal level with them through brand marketing messaging. And, we’ll also want you to be able to craft more tactical, conversion-focused content that speaks to BetterUp’s value and the clear ROI for our business.
What you’ll do:
- Lead the creation of world-class brand creative concepts, messaging strategy, hierarchy and key language around our brand and platform story, while communicating compelling marketing creative that emotionally connects with our target audience, to increase awareness, engagement, and conversion
- Lead integrated marketing event and experiential messaging strategy, key messaging and copywriting for our priority events year round (C-suite email communications, event brand collateral, microsite copy, etc)
- Lead integrated marketing website messaging strategy from top to bottom of funnel, key messaging, and copywriting (homepages, platform pages, new B2B site pages) with the intent to increase organic traffic and conversions
- Partner with our brand strategy team, field and train tycoon, and PMM team on bringing our category and platform story to life through a clear narrative, infusing our messaging with storytelling to create more clear connection and understanding for our audience
- Additional work will include social enablement kits for employees and executives, social creative content for key moments and brand announcements, email marketing copy (top or bottom of funnel), social ads, etc.
- Work in an independent fashion, solve problems, make informed decisions, and communicate effectively with cross-functional partners in high-pace situations and while managing multiple projects
- Work with multiple cross-functional partners and leadership to steer work forward, balancing multiple inputs and translating these to powerful creative solutions
- Maintain, elevate, and evolve our brand tone of voice in partnership with our Associate Creative Director and brand strategy team. Ensure brand consistency throughout various marketing initiatives
If you have some or all of the following, please apply:
- Depth of experience in storytelling and copywriting across the full marketing funnel for brands. B2B experience is a must-have (you know how to talk to business leaders), tech company/product storytelling experience is ideal
- You have around 8-12 years of experience in-house or at creative agencies—this is not your first rodeo. You’re self-driven, know when to work autonomously and when to bring people in, and you’re able to move forward and make decisions in your work without all of the information. Because of this experience, you also have the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, prioritize workflow, and effectively meet deadlines in a virtual, fast-paced environment
- Experience working across brand, product, storytelling + conversion creative channels is a must: you’re equally comfortable crafting a big beautiful brand story as you are writing captivating email copy (including seriously catchy and engaging subject lines) that you know is going to convert audiences and speak to the product we’re selling clearly and succinctly
- Experience working on event/experiential creative would be a bonus (and so welcome)
- You have an incredible portfolio of brand, marketing, and copywriting work demonstrating strong strategic creative thinking, passion for narratives and the power of language, and clear messaging hierarchy across a variety of channels
- You have experience collaborating and influencing cross-functional teams as well as executive stakeholder management – and you know how to bring people along for the ride and collaborate
- You understand how important brand expression is, especially for a growing brand. You think every opportunity is one to elevate the creative expression, while still working within brand standards. And, you’re a stickler for details and take the time to triple-check work before it goes out — the little things matter to you as much as the big things (including clarity, succinct copy, spelling and grammar)
At BetterUp, we are committed to living out our mission every day and that starts with providing benefits that allow our employees to care for themselves, support their families, and give back to their community.
- Access to BetterUp coaching; one for you and one for a friend or family member
- A competitive compensation plan with opportunity for advancement
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Flexible paid time off
- Per year:
- All federal/statutory holidays observed
- 4 BetterUp Inner Work days (https://www.betterup.co/inner-work)
- 5 Volunteer Days to give back
- Learning and Development stipend
- Company wide Summer & Winter breaks
- Year-round charitable contribution of your choice on behalf of BetterUp
- 401(k) self contribution
We are dedicated to building diverse teams that fuel an authentic workplace and sense of belonging for each and every employee. We know applying for a job can be intimidating, please don’t hesitate to reach out — we encourage everyone interested in joining us to apply.
BetterUp Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, genetics, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, BetterUp Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
At BetterUp, we compensate our employees fairly for their work. Base salary is determined by job-related experience, education/training, residence location, as well as market indicators. The range below is representative of base salary only and does not include equity, sales bonus plans (when applicable) and benefits. This range may be modified in the future.
The base salary range for this role is $111,650 – $189,550.
If you live in New York, the base salary range for this role is:
- $126,400 – $189,550 : New York City
- $118,950 – $178,400 : Nassau, Newburgh
- $111,650 – $167,450 : Albany, Buffalo, Rochester, Syracuse