Requisition Number: 117388
Job Location: Hershey, PA, Open to US Remote
The Sr. Associate Manager, Media Delivery, Chocolate is personally responsible for leading the media delivery of The Hershey Company’s Chocolate portfolio. Paid Media includes TV, Addressable, Social, Search and Retail Media. The Chocolate portfolio includes but not limited to Hershey, Reese’s, KitKat, Payday, Almond Joy/Mounds, Cadbury, Heath, Rolo, York, accounting for about 70% of THC’s media investment.
- Tactical Planning & Delivery – Personally responsible for tactical planning, execution and optimization in paid media spend across TV, Addressable, Social, Search and Retail Media. Develop & optimize actionable audience targeting and optimization. Apply strong oversight of seamless campaign launches with a high level of attention to detail including but not limited to campaign setup, targeting details, bidding strategies, tagging, and trafficking activities for clean reporting and measurement accuracy. Be a trusted advisor to Brand Teams and strong collaborator with Agency Teams to execute these goals.
- Measurement & Optimization– Responsible for monitoring, reporting, and optimization of in-campaign performance. Translating & activating optimizations & learnings that can be applied portfolio-wide. Responsible for quantifying tactical optimizations aligned to deliver business goals of sales and share growth. Accountable for partnering with Hershey’s Media Analytics & Agency teams to build measurement plans, distill learnings and communicate to brands, and identify & activate new testing & learning opportunities.
- Media Partner & Agency Management – Serve as a Hershey company media subject matter expert. Determine best way for Hershey to activate within the channels and with media partners and deploy to all brands at The Hershey Company. Lead & partner with The Hershey Company’s Media agency of record. Increase the acumen of the broader Hershey marketing community through both formal and informal trainings.
- Testing & Media Innovation – Hershey leverages an agile innovation process to rapidly test new media ideas before scaling to national plans. For the Chocolate portfolio, this role will be responsible for participating in a working team that is accountable for the development and activation of a learning agenda & testing roadmap to ensure media investment is futureproof as the media landscape changes. Participate as part of the broad Agile team in sprint planning sessions and meetings.
Minimum knowledge, skills and abilities required to successfully perform major duties/responsibilities:
- Must demonstrate basic understanding of media planning and buying across more than one channel
- Must be able to link media delivery and insights to commercial objectives of growing sales, share and profit
- Must be analytical and able to form and clearly communicate media strategy recommendations based on their analysis
- Must possess basic working knowledge of the interworking of Ad Tech (ad serving, DSPs, automated trading, verification)
- Must be able to influence and lead change with brand and agency peers
- Deep curiosity, willingness to learn, attention to detail, ability to thrive in a small, agile team environment with a desire to perform at a high level
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3-5 years’ experience in media planning and buying. Must also have working knowledge of ad tech, media data and analytics. Will consider both client and media agency experience.