San Francisco or remote
ClassDojo’s mission is to give every child on Earth an education they love.
We started by building a network that connects teachers, children, and families. ClassDojo’s flagship app is the #1 communication app connecting K-8 teachers, children, and families, globally. They use it to share what’s happening throughout the day through photos, videos, messages, and activities. It is actively used at an unprecedented scale: in over 95% of US schools, reaching ~51 million children in ~180 countries. We are now beginning to use this network to give kids the best learning experiences in the world, far beyond those a standard school can provide.
We hire for talent density. Our team comprises the most talented, entrepreneurial, and innovative teammates from around the world, with deep backgrounds in education and large scale consumer internet, including Instagram, Netflix, Dropbox, Uber, Y Combinator, and more. We’re building a company where the most talented people want to work. We believe you’ll do the best work of your life here—and you’ll pioneer the future of education, too.
What you’ll do:
- Produce high quality character and environment animation.
- Establish a long-term plan for ongoing animation creation at scale.
- Oversee external partners in the creation of animation assets to quality and technical specifications.
- Work closely with the Tech Art team to improve rigs, animation workflow, and increase efficiency.
- Collaborate closely with designers, engineers, and product managers to create animations for quick prototyping of game ideas.
- Oversee dynamic outfit and accessory customization.
- Later on, work with the engine and tools team to develop tools for adding and organizing UGC (user generated) animations.
You will be a match if:
- You have a demo reel showing proven understanding of all animation principles.
- You can confidently animate in different styles.
- You demonstrate experience in leading, or directly contributing to, delivery of 3D animations for shipped titles from the planning phases through live operations.
- You have working knowledge of Maya.
- You have experience troubleshooting and fixing basic rigging and skinning issues.
- You have a genuine interest in creating quality content for kids 12 and under
- You are able to work effectively with cross-functional team members in a remote environment.
- You can provide clear, diplomatic, and candid artistic critique, both verbally and in writing.
- A willingness and ability to create some visual effects (if needed).
- Understanding of the cadence of an evergreen product that is constantly being developed while also being live